The Student Room Group

What makes a girl (or boy) a boring texter?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I have this bad feeling about this guy, he barely asks me any questions about myself, it's always me getting to know him, and he takes ages to reply, but we're not texting on phones. When we talk it's on TSR or that dating platform chat, so maybe it's cos he doesn't check those often.
But I feel bad cos his replies are so much longer than mine. I'll just write a sentence or so and he writes so much more so idk if he's being polite to answer my replies or he's into me :/

I hate people who take long to reply back by text, their idiots. I have friends who do that so i don't really class them as real friends as it's easy to reply back but sometimes i have not looked on TSR for a couple of hours or 1 day depending on how busy i am or if i was out all day and only got home late in the evening so i don't always see messages but replying late to texts is just rude.
But if you really like him you should pm him and ask for his number on here and social media but if he does the same thing of replying late by text all the time then you need to drop him as people who do that think they are more important than you and think they can just keep you hanging on and only reply when ever they feel like it. Their losers and a waste of time. But try to make more effort in your responses as i can't stand people who only send me very short messages or just text ok and nothing else. That's what i call boring
How come the time it takes to reply doesn't bother you? This is my issue with this guy, the time he takes to reply, i asked some guys if a guy takes a long time to reply does he like you? and they all said he's not that into you :frown:

Idk, I guess they reply when they reply. I don't find it fair to assume the reason why it is they're taking ages to reply. I myself have had bad habits of taking ages to reply but that's not because of being uninterested it's more to do with anxiety
Original post by RDKGames
Have you read any of the responses on your own thread? Obviously the answer to that question is some type of question, or something to peak the attention.

I like him so much, I'm physically missing him right now, Ive lost my appetite, i can't sleep, i think i'm lovesick. it just saddens me he doesn't like me nearly as much as i like him :frown:
I like him so much, I'm physically missing him right now, Ive lost my appetite, i can't sleep, i think i'm lovesick. it just saddens me he doesn't like me nearly as much as i like him :frown:

Wow. Have you two even met outside internet???

Also, how old are you? Because you sound like some needy 16 year old girl by saying that, sorry.
Original post by I-Hate-Edexcel
If you dont spam the Emojis like mad no matter what sentence, it tends to make it less interesting,,,,:biggrin: :smile: :tongue: :wink:

they're right :/ @zanner
Reply 85
Original post by defenestrated
they're right :/ @zanner

rude omg
Original post by 0to100
Yea people look down on it but I think small talk goes for miles. Instead of begging convo by discussing deep stuff off the bat. What do you think, Kirk? And it's nice to see you're keeping your chin up :yy:

So you did. :wink:I don't mind small or deep talk over text, and I think it varies from person-to-person. I had a huuuuugggggeeee chat with a girl on Tinder because she was the intellectual sort and we discussed religion, education etc. Then there's other girls who just chat, well, sh*t.

Also, as odd as this may sound, thank you for using my name. I like it when people do that across forums as it adds a personal touch and reinforces friendships. :smile:
:yy: Call me Conner.

It does vary as well some ppl really just avoid that deep talk, others eventually warm up after some small talk like the usual ice breakers. Other people are annoyed by small chit chat...dunno lol just takes good communication skills to adapt to all sorts. It's like that saying: "you're only bored if you're boring."
Please keep anon, the guy I'm talking about uses TSR.
I've been talking to this guy for a while but his replies are always late, so in an effort to make me seem cooler and less desperate I've given him shorter replies. But I just read through our messages and realised how short my comparisons are compared to his!
I feel bad now that he might think I'm not into him because of that!
Guys what kinda things makes you think that a girl is a boring texter.

In general people, what makes a conversation boring on text?

Lol, damn, you should try and play the question game or just move on because if he's not even trying to make an effort what's the point right?
Reply 89
Aye aye Captain:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Please keep anon, the guy I'm talking about uses TSR.
I've been talking to this guy for a while but his replies are always late, so in an effort to make me seem cooler and less desperate I've given him shorter replies. But I just read through our messages and realised how short my comparisons are compared to his!
I feel bad now that he might think I'm not into him because of that!
Guys what kinda things makes you think that a girl is a boring texter.

In general people, what makes a conversation boring on text?

if i like a girl and we chat the only boring thing for me would be and have always been the late replies. nothing else, really.
Original post by Andy98
Aye aye Captain:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only in the bedroom. :wink:
Reply 92
Nice response
Original post by Foo.mp3
Slow, mute, lacking imagination, education, wit, intrigue, no challenge, no chase, no game, politically correct, prudish, etc :yawn:

How could one have game via text?
Original post by Foo.mp3
Google: text game, for example (not limited to this particular paradigm)

They're all directed at guys though advising them on how to text a girl!!!
I need advice on how to have text game with a guy
I hate short replies, or when someone simply answers your questions without leaving anything for you to say in response. If anyone ever texts me "Haha", "lol" or "yeah" then I'm pretty much done unless they follow it up.
2 boring texters example:
"hi"
"heyy"
"Wuu2?"
"nm u?"
"same."

If you end up having this conversation you've already failed. I personally prefer it when other people start conversations, cause my skills at chattin **** generally are pretty good but I cannot start a conversation to save my life. That's just me tho. Generally, make an effort to come up with extra stuff to talk about based on what they've already said to you, like what that RDKGames fella was sayin. dude knows some stuff.

OMG I'll feel too embarrassed if I use winky faces, what if he doesn't like me back, then I'm just left with a winky face.

I have a friend that sends me winky faces. p sure he doesn't want to bang me. Just use em when it's contextually appropriate fam.

Emojis generally really aren't major tho. I have plenty of decent conversations sans emoji.
I don't want to give him a boner via online messaging! I don't want to start sexting him!

someone I used to talk to online always asked me for my number, but I never gave him. But That was only because he'd often start sexting, which I didn't hate, so I'd just reply with flirty messages (I never sent a nude or anything).

Anyway my point is I'd have actually given him my number if he wasn't talking about sex all the time, because he actually seemed like a nice guy in all our normal conversations. He still gave me his number but I never used it, sometimes I'm so close to calling him but then don't, because that would be weird now.

*We spoke everyday for almost a month, so now I kind of miss him a lot, but I just remind myself there was obviously only one reason why he was messaging me and I told him I wouldn't give him that :frown:
I find texting boring in general.
I knew someone who would text me first to ask what I was up to but would then send back one word replies whenever I texted him back. Drove me crazy!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending