The Student Room Group

Don't want to go to uni - how do I withdraw?

I have applied for uni but now I don't want to go- how do I go about withdrawing? I haven't enrolled yet so does that count?

pleaaaaaaaase help me
Reply 1
As it's after results day it's nothing to do with ucas. You need to contact the uni directly
You have to ask your uni to release you.
Reply 3
Original post by MeYou2Night
You have to ask your uni to release you.

No, you just tell them you're not going. You only need releasing if you want to go somewhere else this year
Too late, they have you bound by contract now and...

the contract is laminated.
Reply 5
Original post by Juno
No, you just tell them you're not going. You only need releasing if you want to go somewhere else this year

is it a hassle for a uni to release you and how long would it take? I found that i have another opportunity through clearing and was wandering if it is still ok to go through with the process? it's fine by the new uni but what about things like student finance and my student bank?
Original post by alexp98
is it a hassle for a uni to release you and how long would it take? I found that i have another opportunity through clearing and was wandering if it is still ok to go through with the process? it's fine by the new uni but what about things like student finance and my student bank?

It all depends on how much of a priority the university chooses to make it. At this point, you need to be discussing this with the universities in question directly. Finance can be changed fairly simply but it's getting close to the starting date for anywhere now, and you need to move fast. Accommodation?
Original post by alexp98

If you want to go into clearing, you have to be "released" into it by the uni you don't want to go to anymore. They don't have to release you either.

Student Finance is easy to change - just ring them up.

You better hurry though as you'll still need somewhere to live.
Reply 8
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
It all depends on how much of a priority the university chooses to make it. At this point, you need to be discussing this with the universities in question directly. Finance can be changed fairly simply but it's getting close to the starting date for anywhere now, and you need to move fast. Accommodation?

Yeah accomdation was the barrier so I'm leaving it now as they had lots left but I would prefer an en suite and didn't want to live off campus as this ruins the experience. I did like Keele but think I'll stick with de Montfort as it wasn't like I disliked this and there is hardly anything between the two anyway as I'm sure a 6-7 place higher in tables means nothing right?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by alexp98
Yeah accomdation was the barrier so I'm leaving it now as they had lots left but I would prefer an en suite and didn't want to live off campus as this ruins the experience. I did like Keele but think I'll stick with de Montfort as it wasn't like I disliked this and there is hardly anything between the two anyway as I'm sure a 6-7 place higher in tables means nothing right?

Completely right.
Original post by Kmcf
I have applied for uni but now I don't want to go- how do I go about withdrawing? I haven't enrolled yet so does that count?

pleaaaaaaaase help me

Used to work for a university. You can just not turn up if you want and nothing will happen. You could email the university directly to let them know. It happens and is not a big deal so do not worry about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending