The Student Room Group

ExxonMobil Energy Challenge (EMEC) 2016

Hello :smile:,

I have just been offered a place for the 19th of September, what day are you guys going on?

Also, if someone has attended the event previously, could you share any knowledge on the day itself:smile:

Hopefully see some of you guys there!:biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I've been offered for the 19th Sept too! I've been looking around for info on the day and reviews from previous candidates but not much luck. See you there though! :smile:
Reply 2
Yeah exactly! I'm pretty sure the Business Game is what is assessed, but the Formula 1 tyre challenge should be fun aswell 😂
Reply 3
Anyone going on the 24th? 😁😁
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey, I'll be going to EMEC on the 7th September.
Any ideas about what to expect for the business game? And how formally is everyone dressing?
Reply 5
Original post by juliaaatan
Hey, I've been offered for the 19th Sept too! I've been looking around for info on the day and reviews from previous candidates but not much luck. See you there though! :smile:

So how was it for you guys already been? What time were you able to leave on the day? (I've read the document three times and still can't find the finish time...)
So I emailed them, and they said approximately 5.30pm :smile:
Reply 7
How was the business challenge? What did you have to do?
Original post by Bioluminescence1
Hey, I'll be going to EMEC on the 7th September.
Any ideas about what to expect for the business game? And how formally is everyone dressing?

I'm going this day, too. I think I'll just go for shirt and trousers, and some ballet flats. Are you staying overnight? I'm unsure if I need to take separate clothes for the buffet of if what I'm wearing during the day will be okay.
Original post by Dusky Mauve
I'm going this day, too. I think I'll just go for shirt and trousers, and some ballet flats. Are you staying overnight? I'm unsure if I need to take separate clothes for the buffet of if what I'm wearing during the day will be okay.

Ah okay, cool. Are you wearing a blazer as well? I don't want to end up overdressed ^.^

I'll be the staying the night too, how early are you planning on arriving at the hotel? I'm bringing a change of clothes for dinner, but most probably won't change again.
Ah okay, cool. Are you wearing a blazer as well? I don't want to end up overdressed ^.^

I'll be the staying the night too, how early are you planning on arriving at the hotel? I'm bringing a change of clothes for dinner, but most probably won't change again.

Nah, it says it's going to be 23 degrees so I don't want to melt. Also don't want to bringing too much as I have a 5 hour train journey, so I'm only bringing a handbag and a rucksack. How formal are you going for dinner?

My train gets in at 5 to 5 so I'll be quite early, but I'm guessing I can either go up to my room early or wait near reception for the right people to arrive?
Nah, it says it's going to be 23 degrees so I don't want to melt. Also don't want to bringing too much as I have a 5 hour train journey, so I'm only bringing a handbag and a rucksack. How formal are you going for dinner?

My train gets in at 5 to 5 so I'll be quite early, but I'm guessing I can either go up to my room early or wait near reception for the right people to arrive?

Wow, 5 hours - I thought my 2 hour train journey was too long! There's absolutely no way I can fit everything into a rucksack so I'm bringing a small suitcase and hoping there'll be somewhere I can store it. I'm not dressing too formally for dinner - a smart dress should do it I think.

My train arrives at 4 so I'll have a lot of time to kill. See you there :smile:
Wow, 5 hours - I thought my 2 hour train journey was too long! There's absolutely no way I can fit everything into a rucksack so I'm bringing a small suitcase and hoping there'll be somewhere I can store it. I'm not dressing too formally for dinner - a smart dress should do it I think.

My train arrives at 4 so I'll have a lot of time to kill. See you there :smile:

I'm also having to bring lots of pre-packaged snacks as I don't have time to stop for any food on my way home. I figure its only one night so I can do without a lot of the stuff I usually would at home. I hate leaving suitcases out of my sight on trains as well, I know a lot of people who have had them stolen recently, so at least with a rucksack I can keep it all with me!

Ah right, I thought I might get away with jeans and a nice top but I'll step it up a notch :')
Also want to avoid having to bring another pair of shoes, so trying to find outfits that will go with one pair of shoes!
I'm also having to bring lots of pre-packaged snacks as I don't have time to stop for any food on my way home. I figure its only one night so I can do without a lot of the stuff I usually would at home. I hate leaving suitcases out of my sight on trains as well, I know a lot of people who have had them stolen recently, so at least with a rucksack I can keep it all with me!

Ah right, I thought I might get away with jeans and a nice top but I'll step it up a notch :':wink:
Also want to avoid having to bring another pair of shoes, so trying to find outfits that will go with one pair of shoes!

Ah I didn't realise stolen luggage from trains was even a thing, that's just ridiculous.

Jeans and a nice top will probably be fine! I went to the Women in Engineering Exxon event last year and the dinner was quite relaxed (:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 14
I'm going tomorrow too!
What do you guys study?
Original post by viliussk
I'm going tomorrow too!
What do you guys study?

Chemical engineering you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anybody had any responses from Exxonmobil yet?
Original post by Juliane1112
Has anybody had any responses from Exxonmobil yet?

I personally haven't but my friend got a video interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I personally haven't but my friend got a video interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well now you're making me nervous.
Reply 19
Has anyone got a final interview or anything yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending