The Student Room Group

getting into uni with 2 A-Levels?

So I have just left school with 2 B's in my A2 Levels, however that is in the same subjects I passed at AS Level as I failed my other 2 AS Levels. I'm confused as to whether that still means my A2 Levels count because i'm pretty sure someone said to me once it didn't count. I just want to clear it up whether it does or not as I want to apply for uni for next year
Also, if a uni says "A minimum of 96 - 112 from A level grades CCC - BBC or equivalent" and my 2 alevels make 200 ucas points, could I still get in even though I've only done two alevels?
very confused, some one please help!!
Original post by idontnowhotobe
So I have just left school with 2 B's in my A2 Levels, however that is in the same subjects I passed at AS Level as I failed my other 2 AS Levels. I'm confused as to whether that still means my A2 Levels count because i'm pretty sure someone said to me once it didn't count. I just want to clear it up whether it does or not as I want to apply for uni for next year
Also, if a uni says "A minimum of 96 - 112 from A level grades CCC - BBC or equivalent" and my 2 alevels make 200 ucas points, could I still get in even though I've only done two alevels?
very confused, some one please help!!

Is it 2017 intake that UCAS are changing their points system? If it is this might be what is causing your confusion. Under the current system 2 B grades would give you 200 points - if the new system is in force for 2017 admissions then I don't know what your grades would score but the UCAS website should be able to help you. You might have further problems with only 2 A levels though
Original post by AmyPilot
Is it 2017 intake that UCAS are changing their points system? If it is this might be what is causing your confusion. Under the current system 2 B grades would give you 200 points - if the new system is in force for 2017 admissions then I don't know what your grades would score but the UCAS website should be able to help you. You might have further problems with only 2 A levels though

Yes, you're right. It is 2017 UCAS are changing. I did think that 96-112 was pretty low, but thats with the new points system. Thank you for your help!
Original post by idontnowhotobe
Yes, you're right. It is 2017 UCAS are changing. I did think that 96-112 was pretty low, but thats with the new points system. Thank you for your help!

You are very welcome!

Don't understand why they have to keep changing these things - very confusing - glad I am out of the "applying to uni" game lol.

Good luck
If you've got 2 A levels, you may be able to do a foundation year / degree?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending