The Student Room Group

I find it hard to listen to others

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hamza772000
Maybe you should visit the doctor, I'm not joking, seriously :smile: There's no harm in doing so :smile:

No way... I'm not going to the doctor about this. :smile: It's nothing
Original post by cookie123456789
No way... I'm not going to the doctor about this. :smile: It's nothing
Why not? Just visit your GP. :smile: I'm not saying it is anything, but it could be, right? :smile:
Why not? Just visit your GP. :smile: I'm not saying it is anything, but it could be, right? :smile:

Maybe I will. Could be. :smile: It's probably just down to my character/ personality though.
Maybe I will. Could be. :smile:
You should, hopefully it isn't and if it is, then it gets sorted out :h:
You should, hopefully it isn't and if it is, then it gets sorted out :h:

Yeah it's probably just down to my personality/ character though:h:
Yeah it's probably just down to my personality/ character though:h:
So you're going to change that? :smile:
So you're going to change that? :smile:

Well I can't really change who I am :smile:
Well I can't really change who I am :smile:
I know, but you can change certain 'habits', not listening to someone isn't the nicest thing, is it? :/ :smile:
I know, but you can change certain 'habits', not listening to someone isn't the nicest thing, is it? :/ :smile:

Nope, it is not that nice however I cannot help it.
Nope, it is not that nice however I cannot help it.
You can, imagine you were speaking to someone and they weren't listening, and they told you they can't help it so you had to repeat everything you said :tongue:

Well, the purpose of this thread was to find the reason, you have found one potential one, now you need to work on fixing that problem :smile:
You can, imagine you were speaking to someone and they weren't listening, and they told you they can't help it so you had to repeat everything you said :tongue:

Well, the purpose of this thread was to find the reason, you have found one potential one, now you need to work on fixing that problem :smile:

Yes ok, I know.
Yes ok, I know.
:smile:
Any other thoughts???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any other thoughts???

Posted from TSR Mobile
No :tongue:
No :tongue:

I meant from other people... :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I meant from other people... :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know you did :tongue: :lol:
I do this all the time. I see it as their fault for not being more interesting.
Today I met up with my friends and when they were talking I just sort of 'zoned out' or went off in my own world in my mind and I found it really hard to concentrate on what they were saying. They were talking about some pretty boring stuff though but I found it ok when I was the one talking because what I was talking about interested me. And even when they were talking about interesting stuff I still found it hard to follow what they were saying and listen.

Why do I find it hard to listen?

A tip that I'd give you is when you're listening to someone repeat what they're saying in your mind as they say it and it forces your brain to actually process what they say. I do this without realising till I went to an Influencing Skills course and the woman gave us tips on how to improve listening skills and she mentioned this!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by applesandhoney
A tip that I'd give you is when you're listening to someone repeat what they're saying in your mind as they say it and it forces your brain to actually process what they say. I do this without realising till I went to an Influencing Skills course and the woman gave us tips on how to improve listening skills and she mentioned this!

Ah ok thanks for the tip.
Someone before has said I don't listen to others because I'm 'self absorbed'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WoodyMKC
I do this all the time. I see it as their fault for not being more interesting.

Yeah exactly! They should be more interesting!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest