The Student Room Group

Is telling your guy best friend you love him weird?

I've recently got really close to this guy, we tell each other everything and he's helped me through some tough times... but it's not like that. I always have this feeling that I want to let him know I love him, because I really do love him very much, but more like a brother. I'm worried I'll say it by accident and it'll seem really weird.. but I think I would say it in a pretty casual way so it might not be an issue? I don't know, is it weird to tell a guy you love him when you're not in a relationship/don't want to be in one with him? Can a guy and a girl really be best friends? I'm also worried for when I do eventually meet someone as I'm not sure if he has feelings for me or not, but I don't want to ruin our relationship/hurt his feelings.
Reply 1
https://youtu.be/E765zGG4GLQ

wait until the bit where he says "I love you like a brother" to be honest it is only as weird as you make it
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I've recently got really close to this guy, we tell each other everything and he's helped me through some tough times... but it's not like that. I always have this feeling that I want to let him know I love him, because I really do love him very much, but more like a brother. I'm worried I'll say it by accident and it'll seem really weird.. but I think I would say it in a pretty casual way so it might not be an issue? I don't know, is it weird to tell a guy you love him when you're not in a relationship/don't want to be in one with him? Can a guy and a girl really be best friends? I'm also worried for when I do eventually meet someone as I'm not sure if he has feelings for me or not, but I don't want to ruin our relationship/hurt his feelings.

Not an issue if you know he doesnt fancy you. If he gets you like a sister then dont see it as a problem. just say 'man, i love you - you are always there for me, like the brother I always wanted'

done
i tell my guy best friend I love him now and then and he says the same... we've been friends for 5 years now so its not weird. and in those 5 years, we've both been with other people.

going to different unis now so its a bit sad
Reply 4
Is it weird to cuddle with a best guy friend? Sometimes I really want to but I don't know how he'd react.
Depends what your relationship is like.
He will know what you are like.
Presumably you mean you love him as a friend rather than being in love with him?
Original post by Anonymous

(edited 7 years ago)
I say it to my friends but they girls and it's kinda different ❤️
But for a guy, na... 😁
I get the feeling that women are a lot more emotional than men, so he would probably find it weird. Unless he's in touch with his sensitive side.
Personally I've been best friends with my guy best friend for 11 years (we are 17) that's a long as time we where told all through our lives you should be together or get asked are you together and its just no until about he has a girlfriend and I love her just as much as him and she loves me too and that makes him and me so happy...happier than anything I tell him I love him all the time and I tell her the same she has been next to him multiple times we have this thing where we have to hug eachother before we leave eachother and when we see eachother and we say bye love you when we leave... everytime without fail it doesn't matter if we are alone or theres loads of people around and it's not always me who initiates it .his dad was leaving him off at work and then leaving me home after a sleepover and I was half asleep and he hugged me and said love you Bye and I woke up in time to hug him back, he is also very protective of me the same way he is with his family and his girlfriend a girl upset me in a bar about my friendship with him and I ran out crying and he ran after we and I hold him everything his girlfriend also ran out after me they both reassured me that they love me and that the girl knew nothing about us . I love you isnt a Relationship thing it's an I love that person thing I dont think anyone will ever understand how close we are the only one who in think really understands is his girlfriend she hates how opposite gender best friends always get all this stigma she trusts me and knows how much I love her and how happy I am that he met her they both want me to be the godmother and aunt to their future child.So the answer is yes tell him you love him even if it's not in a relationship way x
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending