The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 123ash
NO seriously, I'm jealous but in a nice way. Excellent score and you obviously deserve it! In Mock A on the UKCAT website i got 450 too, thats only 9 correct. But Ive not got any better since. Going to do the UKCAT test B now.

Thanks for the hope! :smile:

*Are you a Undergrad or GEM candidate.*

QR gets easier as you go through the mocks :tongue: and undergrad :smile:
Original post by L1234567
Sorry, just need to ask one more question.
Is medic portal a course? If so, was it useful?

Medic portal is a question bank :h:
Original post by isabella1999

Original post by Natalierm2707
UKCAT for bham and manchester is fine!
Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for the advice😀
Original post by Jitesh
you get full marks for your gcses at birmingham and only drop like 0.66 of a point for your ukcat. it's worth applying there still!

What do you think about Manchester?
.i just had a small q.
does anybody know if the ''next in sequence question'' and''as to'' qs in AR merit more reward than the type 1 qs if you know what i mean.i was just curious is it worth while spending time on these qs as it is possible to answer more of the other type in the same time.
thanks urgent reply required ukcat tomorrow
Quick one,
Everyone goes on about modify, 1000Q and such for a accurate representation of the real test.
What is UKCAT ninja like in comparison? Is it any good/worth the money?

Thanks.

I have UKCAT on thursday done all modify mocks, only UKCAT C left and want to get used to rapid question answering. Especially with QR.
Original post by saif.khalid14
.i just had a small q.
does anybody know if the ''next in sequence question'' and''as to'' qs in AR merit more reward than the type 1 qs if you know what i mean.i was just curious is it worth while spending time on these qs as it is possible to answer more of the other type in the same time.
thanks urgent reply required ukcat tomorrow

Every question is worth the same number of marks
QR gets easier as you go through the mocks :tongue: and undergrad :smile:

Wow, Your score is a GEM students dream. Thanks for the tips.

What is a good UG score? OBVS your score is excellent!*
Got UKCAT average 640! Where can I apply?

Or rather, where should I NOT apply?
I used medify, medic portal and official movks. Didn't do any specific maths practice :h:

Hello. Well done for your results! I was just wondering in your opinion which did you think was more useful medify or the medic portal question bank?

Thank you and well done again! :smile:
Reply 3951
Hey everyone! So relieved to get my UKCAT over and done with, honestly this thread has been my saviour over the past month!! :redface: In the end I got:

VR: 680
(WAY harder than any mock I have done, was getting 750-800 in them all :frown:passages are quite long, and I was so terribly nervous I probably ruined my chances for this section anyway. UKCAT mock A was probably most similar to the passage lengths, or ISC 1000Q. My advice would be STAY calm!! And do the normal scanning tecnique thing)
AR: 860
(SO SO happy. In the exam, I was convinced I did badly as I thought half the patterns had a secondary condition like the ones in basically every mock, but apparently not! The patterns were not EASY per se, I actually found them quite difficult but idk magic happens. Id say the mock most similar to it is UKCAT mock C or A, it is nowhere near as hard as B)
QR: 890
(OH MY GOD THE MOCKS ARE SOOOO DECIEVING. Every single practice question I had ever done was a million times harder. I would honestly say add 100-150 on the scores you get in the mocks and that is likely to be your score. All of the questions were simple percentage increase, average, median and mode questions, and the data was very easy to interperet. This section really calmed me down from my awful VR. HAVE HOPE EVERYONE)
SJ: Band 1
(The passages were a lot longer than in mocks and me, who usually has about 18 minutes to spare, only had 6, so if you generally finish around the time be aware of this! In general pretty similar to the mocks except there were a few ambiguous questions thar I literally changed a thousand times)

Overall total= 2430, average=810! :redface: So so relieved, bring on the BMAT now (sigh). If anyone has any questions please ask!

Could I please ask what your technique is for verbal reasoning? >.< Your scores are absolutely amazing!
Original post by adulay
got 673, how is this for dentistry at Kings or Queen Mary's. Feeling disappointed at the moment

My friend got an interview from Kings and Queen Mary for Dentistry last year with a score of 670 so I'd say you're in a good position.

Posted from TSR Mobile

congrats on your amazing score! Do you mind me asking how much work you did overall? And how did you improve your timing? Did you do medify's limited time practice? Basically what did you do in detail to get such an amazing score :wink:
Original post by sciencelover99
What do you think about Manchester?

Not too sure about medicine as I'm hoping to apply for dentistry
sorry
But I think you would be safe
Original post by 123ash
Wow, Your score is a GEM students dream. Thanks for the tips.

What is a good UG score? OBVS your score is excellent!*

Are you a grad? Idk anythinf about GEM aha and I'm not sure, think most uni cut offs last year were like 650-675 so around there probably :colondollar:
Original post by Jammie123
Hello. Well done for your results! I was just wondering in your opinion which did you think was more useful medify or the medic portal question bank?

Thank you and well done again! :smile:

Probably medify as it tells you your exact time spent on each question and how other people did but medic portal had good questions too, I only really used it as I had drained medify
:u:

Original post by Yrru97
Could I please ask what your technique is for verbal reasoning? >.< Your scores are absolutely amazing!

Thanks! I just didn't look at the passage at all, went straight to the questions and scanned for key words

Original post by fizzywaterbottle
congrats on your amazing score! Do you mind me asking how much work you did overall? And how did you improve your timing? Did you do medify's limited time practice? Basically what did you do in detail to get such an amazing score :wink:

I did an hour a day for about a month then in the last week or two I did two hours a day :biggrin: so not too bad, still went out met friends etc. I didn't really use medify times practice too much as timing was never really my issue, apart from VR. But at the start if I got a question wrong or more than 5 seconds above the time limit, I redid the question times again and again until I could do it easily in the time. There isn't really a special formula or anything just a lot of practice :biggrin:
Are you a grad? Idk anythinf about GEM aha and I'm not sure, think most uni cut offs last year were like 650-675 so around there probably :colondollar:

HI, Yes i'm a GEM. I thought it was around that sort of score of UG. You have obviously excelled! Well done and many congrats!
Original post by 123ash
HI, Yes i'm a GEM. I thought it was around that sort of score of UG. You have obviously excelled! Well done and many congrats!

Aha yeah I was so surprised! Thanks! :biggrin:
Original post by Stone101
glasgow uni dont look at SJT but they look heavily at the other sections which you have done excellently in :smile:

Hey I'm new to this so I'm hoping I'm using this right. But I was recently at a reach programme run in Glasgow university and for medicine (not too sure about dentistry or vet med) they do put emphasis on SJ,they said most people they take in have band 1, MAYBE band 2 is considered but 3 and 4 are considered bad

Quick Reply