The Student Room Group

GCSE edexcel math remark

Hiya I was 1 mark off of a C in my maths paper and it was sent off for remarking on the day I got my results the 25th of August and I was wondering how long it takes to get a reply and find the new mark, Thankyou.
Reply 1
It can take up to 30 days but seems as though Edexcel are turning things around quite quickly so it's likely to be considerably less. It also depends how quickly your exams officer gets the information out you you once they receive it. I would say sometime this week or next.
Reply 2
Sorry but i also have a question; I did Maths on the Edexcel exam board too but on my results sheet it doesn't show my mark (out of 100 for each paper or 200 in total). Its right at the top of my results (first one) and just says B with everything else empty. Most if not all of my other exams/courseworks have marks. This isn't just for me everyone i spoke to (at the same high school) didn't have the marks specified.
Reply 3
Yes i was also one mark off a C in my Edexcel maths and sent it on results day so don't worry OP I'm waiting with you! :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by 123moon
Yes i was also one mark off a C in my Edexcel maths and sent it on results day so don't worry OP I'm waiting with you! :tongue:

Hopefully we find out soon! Good luck 😋👏🏻
Reply 5
Original post by Clemm101
It can take up to 30 days but seems as though Edexcel are turning things around quite quickly so it's likely to be considerably less. It also depends how quickly your exams officer gets the information out you you once they receive it. I would say sometime this week or next.

Thankyou, hopefully it will be soon
Reply 6
Original post by skkrrr
Sorry but i also have a question; I did Maths on the Edexcel exam board too but on my results sheet it doesn't show my mark (out of 100 for each paper or 200 in total). Its right at the top of my results (first one) and just says B with everything else empty. Most if not all of my other exams/courseworks have marks. This isn't just for me everyone i spoke to (at the same high school) didn't have the marks specified.

I have the mark written next to my grade but it could just be different for each school
Reply 7
Original post by Shannon25
I have the mark written next to my grade but it could just be different for each school

Yeah, also would you know a way to find the mark out? i know you just got your results and such but i was just wondering? Getting B isnt that bad but when you factor in that i only got 3 gcses because of 4 teachers messing up my courseworks. I didnt revise for the first paper and it was easy so i revised for the second one incase they pulled some sneaky movements -_-
Anyways this question is for anyone/everyone, i'd love to find out what mark i've got
Thanks anyways :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Shannon25
Hopefully we find out soon! Good luck 😋👏🏻

Yes! Good luck too! :redface: :h:
Reply 9
Original post by skkrrr
Yeah, also would you know a way to find the mark out? i know you just got your results and such but i was just wondering? Getting B isnt that but when you factor in that i only got 3 gcses because of 4 teachers messing up my courseworks. I didnt revise for the first paper and it was easy so i revised for the second one incase they pulled some sneaky movements -_-
Anyways this question is for anyone/everyone, i'd love to find out what mark i've got
Thanks anyways :wink:

I emailed my head of year and he just gave me my marks for the subjects that i asked for
Edexcel don't provide details of marks on the information for provisional results. Your exams officer will have it though so a quick email should get you the information you need.
Reply 11
Original post by Clemm101
Edexcel don't provide details of marks on the information for provisional results. Your exams officer will have it though so a quick email should get you the information you need.

How would you word it though? The one from my high school is extremely *****y and would do anything to avoid actually doing what you ask
Original post by skkrrr
How would you word it though? The one from my high school is extremely *****y and would do anything to avoid actually doing what you ask

.....Please could you provide me with details of my marks for Edexcel maths Higher/Foundation (whichever you took). Many thanks....

If you're worried that your exams officer won't answer, follow it up with a phone call and copy your head of year in. They're your marks and you're perfectly entitled to ask for them.

Quick Reply

Latest