The Student Room Group

A degree in theoretical physics

Im still in high school entering 11th i am quite passionate about physics and want to pursue a career in it what are the things i can do now to follow it and what can be expected in this field ? Thank you for replying 😅
Original post by Fermion12
Im still in high school entering 11th i am quite passionate about physics and want to pursue a career in it what are the things i can do now to follow it and what can be expected in this field ? Thank you for replying 😅

Do well in maths and physics; take maths and physics at A Level; engage in physics literature and media. I also think further maths is a necessity for theoretical physics specifically, since it's more mathematical than typical physics. Really that's all you do; you can expect a lot of maths and good employment prospects if you graduate with good honours at a good university.
Reply 2
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Do well in maths and physics; take maths and physics at A Level; engage in physics literature and media. I also think further maths is a necessity for theoretical physics specifically, since it's more mathematical than typical physics. Really that's all you do; you can expect a lot of maths and good employment prospects if you graduate with good honours at a good university.

Oh ok thank you for the help :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest