The Student Room Group

A-Levels

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I did it because I love the school environment, it's gonna be so hard to say goodbye to school :frown:
Original post by saraxh
Thanks :smile: I'm going to see how I feel on the first few weeks. If I feel it's not right for me I'll discuss it.

No problem!!! Glad I could help 💜💖 oh cool!!! Okay! Good luck xxx
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Can I drop a maths question into your thread?

I don't mind :smile: (don't ask me cba)
Homework.png

^How you do dis?
Original post by saraxh
Anyone doing A-Levels to impress parents? :/ Tbh I actually don't want to do A-Levels at all.

I couldnt be arsed doing A Levels at all tbh 2 years ago :L i wanted to take a gap year after Gcses but parents never let me & now im taking a gap year after A levels , if you do have any questions then do ask on here or Pm :smile:
My mum wanted me to do a levels,but my dad didn't mind as long I was happy doing them. Half of me wanted to do a levels then the other half I just wanted to do BTEC. Obviously i want to impress them,but I don't want to risk the next 2 years not enjoying school. I want to do Criminology at uni,so I'm doing BTEC:smile: I deffo can see the excitement in my mum eyes,not..:/
Original post by Ayaz789
I couldnt be arsed doing A Levels at all tbh 2 years ago :L i wanted to take a gap year after Gcses but parents never let me & now im taking a gap year after A levels , if you do have any questions then do ask on here or Pm :smile:

YOU CAN TAKE A GAP YEAR!!! Seriously? I'd do that :smile:
Original post by saraxh
YOU CAN TAKE A GAP YEAR!!! Seriously? I'd do that :smile:

Yeahh you can haha :tongue: this upcoming year im taking a gap year because i need a rest:mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ayaz789
Yeahh you can haha :tongue: this upcoming year im taking a gap year because i need a rest:mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lucky! :colondollar:

I think i'm gonna do this now thanks lol This thread is from 2010. Is it the same for 2016?

I technically have a reason if they asked.:colone:
Original post by saraxh
Lucky! :colondollar:

I think i'm gonna do this now thanks lol This thread is from 2010. Is it the same for 2016?

I technically have a reason if they asked.:colone:

Yep & you might as well if you dont want to do a levels tbh! Completely upto you though:h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ayaz789
Yep & you might as well if you dont want to do a levels tbh! Completely upto you though:h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know yet :smile: I'll discuss it first.
Original post by saraxh
I don't know yet :smile: I'll discuss it first.

Yeah sure:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by saraxh
Good luck tomorrow.:smile:
My friend starts on the 9th :frown: this is unfair.

I start on the 12th!:smile: Still a week of freedom left...
Original post by zayn008
I did it because I love the school environment, it's gonna be so hard to say goodbye to school :frown:

I actually really miss school and I never thought I'd say that!:frown: Its been weird having 12 weeks holiday and not going to school and seeing the same people you've seen for 5 years...
Reply 34
Do you think you don't want to do them because of nerves maybe? Most parents just want the best for their children so I guess from their perspective they want you to have the best opportunities in life (Not that having A levels/A degree will necessarily guarantee success - it's just more commonly found). If you try it for a few months and your parents can see you've really committed to trying and not given up without giving it a chance, they will probably be more understanding when you don't want to continue, obviously that wouldn't be ideal though as you'd be a year behind, so if you are 100000% confident then I would see about switching to a BTEC or getting some work experience through an apprenticeship maybe?

A Levels are a step up from GCSE's, you are given more freedom and it's about having the discipline to organise your time effectively. I had the complete opposite situation to you, my parents couldn't care less about my education, neither of them continued post 16, and never took interest into my academia. I just completed my Alevels and got A*AA which was a shock as I was predicted ABB and got BCCC at AS.

I was quite apprehensive about starting because I got 2B's and 5C's at GCSE and felt rather dumb compared to everyone else. But I have really enjoyed my A levels and really got stuck in with all the extracurricular stuff at sixth form, my teachers have been amazing, probably more so cause it was the first time I've had adults really push me to achieve my best. I'm sure once you get into the swing of it, you will really enjoy it all. Getting my grades last month was the best feeling. All the best with whatever you decide to do!!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 35
really not looking forward to going back tomorrow, this summer has gone by way to fast :frown:
Original post by saraxh
Anyone doing A-Levels to impress parents? :/ Tbh I actually don't want to do A-Levels at all.

If you're thinking like this then don't it. It requires a lot of commitment and effort to get a top grade.
Reply 37
Original post by JTFrith
Do you think you don't want to do them because of nerves maybe? Most parents just want the best for their children so I guess from their perspective they want you to have the best opportunities in life (Not that having A levels/A degree will necessarily guarantee success - it's just more commonly found). If you try it for a few months and your parents can see you've really committed to trying and not given up without giving it a chance, they will probably be more understanding when you don't want to continue, obviously that wouldn't be ideal though as you'd be a year behind, so if you are 100000% confident then I would see about switching to a BTEC or getting some work experience through an apprenticeship maybe?

A Levels are a step up from GCSE's, you are given more freedom and it's about having the discipline to organise your time effectively. I had the complete opposite situation to you, my parents couldn't care less about my education, neither of them continued post 16, and never took interest into my academia. I just completed my Alevels and got A*AA which was a shock as I was predicted ABB and got BCCC at AS.

I was quite apprehensive about starting because I got 2B's and 5C's at GCSE and felt rather dumb compared to everyone else. But I have really enjoyed my A levels and really got stuck in with all the extracurricular stuff at sixth form, my teachers have been amazing, probably more so cause it was the first time I've had adults really push me to achieve my best. I'm sure once you get into the swing of it, you will really enjoy it all. Getting my grades last month was the best feeling. All the best with whatever you decide to do!!!

Wow, Well done! What subjects?
Reply 38
Original post by Rajive
Wow, Well done! What subjects?

Thank you! I took pretty soft subjects - Psychology, History and English Lit :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by JTFrith
Thank you! I took pretty soft subjects - Psychology, History and English Lit :smile:

English lit and history are definitely not soft subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest