The Student Room Group

Joint Honours Personal Statement

I have chosen my five options for universities and all are either for English and Business combined or English as a single honours degree. Now I have to complete (more like start) my personal statement for submission, preferably as soon as possible. I am just wondering how to structure my personal statement to satisfy both course areas as I am struggling on how to subtly intertwine both of these into one personal statement, one that will get me offers from all five of my choices. Thanks in advance for any help
On the ucas website they have a personal statement builder, I'm in the same boat not a clue what to write
Reply 2
same here. Im trying to link politics and law
I go back to sixth form tomorrow and I'm meant to have a first draft done. Wish me luck
Reply 4
I just finished off my personal statement - I've written it specifically to apply for three (kinda different) courses. Try doing one paragraph for each of your subjects then one paragraph linking them together, or link from one to the other by talking about how the skills from one help you with the other.
Original post by Pugglet
same here. Im trying to link politics and law

Talk about public law and the consitution, what brexit might mean etc. :smile:
Original post by Jamesstanley0
I have chosen my five options for universities and all are either for English and Business combined or English as a single honours degree. Now I have to complete (more like start) my personal statement for submission, preferably as soon as possible. I am just wondering how to structure my personal statement to satisfy both course areas as I am struggling on how to subtly intertwine both of these into one personal statement, one that will get me offers from all five of my choices. Thanks in advance for any help

You should have a roughly 50:50 split between the two subjects. Have a look at the course structure and work out how the two are linked in the way they're taught and go from there. Talk about things that interest you and how studying one subject can help with the other.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending