The Student Room Group

My brain is about to explode

How am I supposed to control stress? I cant think straight when it comes to doing work, I start off with my laptop on and my work on the screen and then suddenly I'm overwhelmed with a thoughts about my grades and passing life :frown:(

What am i supposed to do. My class starts on Wednesday and i have yet to finish my coursework!
Original post by ChangelLiya
How am I supposed to control stress? I cant think straight when it comes to doing work, I start off with my laptop on and my work on the screen and then suddenly I'm overwhelmed with a thoughts about my grades and passing life :frown:(

What am i supposed to do. My class starts on Wednesday and i have yet to finish my coursework!

First take a deep breath and calm down!! Have a rest from your work. Your health is more important than your work! If you stress yourself too much you will start getting health problems and infections easily. Write down on a piece of paper what you're thinking of in your head and read it aloud to yourself. This is actually a good method to relieve that stress because you're writing down what's bothering you and try to think of a possible solution if you can and write it beside the problem.

Music also helps to relieve stress - zen music is best if classical if you like!

Hope this helps :smile:
Stop thinking about the bad things that would happen if you didn't do your work, instead, think about the good things that would happen if you did do your work. :h:
Reply 3
Original post by JourneyToSuccess
Stop thinking about the bad things that would happen if you didn't do your work, instead, think about the good things that would happen if you did do your work. :h:

PRSOM. Member above has pointed out some very good things about handling stress, I assume the OP is in Y11 like I am and yes the stress is real. #WeCanDoIt
Original post by GreatSuccess24
First take a deep breath and calm down!! Have a rest from your work. Your health is more important than your work! If you stress yourself too much you will start getting health problems and infections easily. Write down on a piece of paper what you're thinking of in your head and read it aloud to yourself. This is actually a good method to relieve that stress because you're writing down what's bothering you and try to think of a possible solution if you can and write it beside the problem.

Music also helps to relieve stress - zen music is best if classical if you like!

Hope this helps :smile:

Thank you so much. My mum says the same thing about stressing and health. Hopefully this helps out a bit :smile:
Thank you Lee, this sounds like something that would really help me out. Just hope i don't end up procrastinating with the 'fresh air' but really thanks a lot :smile:
Original post by JourneyToSuccess

Thank you
Original post by ChangelLiya
Thank you

You could also install 'Momentum' which is an extension on Google chrome and it is really helpful during study time because it has backgrounds and motivational quotes and you can type in what your focus for the day is and any to do lists etc.

Quick Reply

Latest