The Student Room Group

Do you disagree with ear piercings on babies/young children?

How do you feel about parents taking their babies and toddlers to get their ears pierced? Do you think there should be an age limit, or just let parents make the decision?

Scroll to see replies

I personally think it's wrong.
I don't like it at all. Little kids shouldn't be wearing jewelry like that.
yes - if you shouldn't pierce a babies lip, nose, etc, why should you pierce their ears? they're all painful - they just differ in that pain
Original post by chelseadagg3r
How do you feel about parents taking their babies and toddlers to get their ears pierced? Do you think there should be an age limit, or just let parents make the decision?

I think it's wrong, especially when the baby/kids don't want it but the parents force it on them. They should make there own decision when they are old enough to understand.
Original post by mr T 999
I think it's wrong, especially when the baby/kids don't want it but the parents force it on them. They should make there own decision when they are old enough to understand.

What about religion? Why is that ok but piercings aren't?
Reply 6
Its painful but personally I'm glad my ears were pierced as a child. I wouldn't have the courage to do it now lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm opposed to any kind of cosmetic piercing of children's bodies.

Original post by chelseadagg3r
X

It's a good idea to add a poll.
yeah they look dumb

Posted from TSR Mobile
Isn't this situation just like circumcision (except it's not as bad). Babies shouldn't be subject to pain that isn't necessary health wise.
I personally think it is wrong and looks pretty tacky tbh. To me, getting a piercing should be a choice you make on your own and not a choice someone makes for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by yudothis
What about religion? Why is that ok but piercings aren't?

:colonhash: I'm not having a religious debate with you, there's enough threads on here if you want that. :topic:
:colonhash: I'm not having a religious debate with you, there's enough threads on here if you want that. :topic:

Well according to your logic, either a) religion shouldn't be allowed or any other sort of indoctrination or b) parents can do whatever to their kids unless it's physical. But in case of b), what if there is a medical decision that is not clear cut? Maybe surgery will maybe it won't, maybe there are complications.
As a poster said above, everyone seems to have a negative opinion on this but when it comes to religion it's okay? People also have to remember it's a cultural thing, and different cultures do things differently whether you agree with it or not.

I'm personally thankful I had mine done young. I've never heard of anyone regretful or angry at their parents for doing it.
No, small ear piercings in my opinion is fine i mean i got mine done at two and i don't remember the pain.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Well according to your logic, either a) religion shouldn't be allowed or any other sort of indoctrination or b) parents can do whatever to their kids unless it's physical. But in case of b), what if there is a medical decision that is not clear cut? Maybe surgery will maybe it won't, maybe there are complications.

According to what logic? All I did was answer the question :colonhash:

Look if you want a religious debate go somewhere eles. There's loads of threads on here cba with this crap :colonhash:
According to what logic? All I did was answer the question :colonhash:

Look if you want a religious debate go somewhere eles. There's loads of threads on here cba with this crap :colonhash:

The logic you gave in your answer. Because if you are fine with religion, it's hard to see why you are not fine with piercings.
The logic you gave in your answer. Because if you are fine with religion, it's hard to see why you are not fine with piercings.

:topic:
Not bothered about it tbh especially if it's just the ear lobes. I wouldn't make a big deal out of it and anyway when the child is old enough and realizes that they don't want it then they can just easily take it out
(edited 7 years ago)
Yes! I can't stand seeing babies with pierced ears, they didn't choose for their ears to be pierced! Can't stand it when I'm in Claire's and I see a baby/toddler getting their ears pierced and they scream and cry because they're scared, in pain and confused. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending