The Student Room Group

Nursing

In my GCSEs I got AABBCCCDEE (I did resits for 2 years)
I know they're not that great but I'm struggling on whether to study A levels or level 3. I want to go into nursing but I'm not sure what other subject to study with health and social care, does anyone study mental health nursing and will I be able to get into a uni? Thank you
Original post by Hambi123
In my GCSEs I got AABBCCCDEE (I did resits for 2 years)
I know they're not that great but I'm struggling on whether to study A levels or level 3. I want to go into nursing but I'm not sure what other subject to study with health and social care, does anyone study mental health nursing and will I be able to get into a uni? Thank you

I want to go into Nursing as well and have just finished my GCSE's. I have been looking around unis and for nursing a lot require either a science (e.g. biology) or a social science (e.g. psychology). So I would definitely recommend doing one of those if you think you are capable of doing so. That is obviously if you want to go to uni to study Mental Health Nursing but even if you dont, I assume that which ever path you go down they would help as they are very connected to Nursing.

I am also studying sociology as it is the study of people and society basically and I feel that again, it ties in with nursing and the other two options nicely.

Quick Reply

Latest