The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by memoryfish
I'm aware of the process, what I'm saying is that due to the size of the campaign the minimum expected could be all it takes. A score of a 777 is v.unlikely in a HEO campaign.

Just to reiterate the point in the last campaign there were around 450 jobs compared to this time where there are only 300 jobs. If you read through the older pages you will find a number of candidates who scored even 6,5,5 never mind 4,4,4 and didnt secure the role as other candidates scored higher. Purely depends on location applied for and number of vacancies available. But yes you are true in saying it could happen but just very unlikely as thousands apply for these roles
Reply 1041
What TraineeAcc has said is right. However it will largely depend on how many vacancies there are at the location you have applied for which will determine if the minimum standard of 444 would see you get a provisional offer or not.

If you trawl back through this thread to near the beginning when the results were returned for the March campaign someone who interviewed for Leeds scored 544 and was given a provisional offer, whereas someone who interviewed for Liverpool scored 667 and only made the reserve list. Whilst there may be '300' total vacancies this will count for nothing if the location you apply for has 10 vacancies and over 300 people have been interviewed for that location.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TraineeAcc
I know people in the last HO/O campaign who scored 665 and were put in reserve list. Know another who scored 666 at HO competency and was offered O and not HO.

Ps. I hope you're right though. I'm just being realistic but feel like I'm being a depresso lol

Yes, that was when they did the joint campaign for band O and HO. After that there was another campaign just HO. Now that they've advertised internal vacancies again most people that were on the reserve lists have been offered a role.

Fingers crossed for everyone!
I'm aware of the process, what I'm saying is that due to the size of the campaign the minimum expected could be all it takes. A score of a 777 is v.unlikely in a HEO campaign.

In the last EO campaign, you had to get at least 6666 or 777 to get an offer (I got 4455 and am on the reserve list) . All others were put on a reserve list (ironically I did better in the HEO competencies/interview than the EO ones...go figure)
Original post by Twinpeaks
I know that's what I was worried about, I thought you'd receive an automatic confirmation as soon as you placed the order, but it doesn't seem to work like that? I managed to find mine after though so I'm not sure.

Can I ask what you mean about a statement? Is it your official statement of results? Because I'm pretty sure that should be enough, considering that exam boards don't provided replacement certificates but 'certified statements with results on'. I'm certain that that is adequate.

What I've also gathered so far, is that people seem to be told different things all the time! I went for an interview in the Cardiff office last week, and whilst I was in the waiting room a man said he didn't have all his GCSE certificates, but he had his HND certificate. The worker seemed happy with that.

Whereas my friend also had an interview at Cardiff the week before, and with her the woman was only interested in the GCSE certificates, and didn't take her additional A-level and degree certificate. Because of that, I only brought the GCSE certificates for mine, but the woman seemed to think I should have also brought along my degree certificate for good measure.

Thanks, will take everything I have and just explain situation if needed.

It is the official statement of results (the one you get at the same time as your certificate) so hopefully that will be enough!
Reply 1045
Yeh I think so. I was offered a provisional on August 15th. On pre-employment checks now. My location was only recruiting 2 roles. I'm on the Feb 2016 batch. I scored 544. Most likely low scoring will be put on the reserve list and offered a position later on.
I had my heo interview in July still awaiting results. I was told by email it would be this week the results will be out. Does anyone know where the London (preferred location) will be based my interview was in stratford jubilee house.
Original post by Escapalda lamen
I had my heo interview in July still awaiting results. I was told by email it would be this week the results will be out. Does anyone know where the London (preferred location) will be based my interview was in stratford jubilee house.

I've been told that results will be out within next 2 weeks. If you go on feedback it may show your score? Mine says 6,6,6 under the competency section
Reply 1048

I think the 2 London locations are Stratford and Croydon
I've been told that results will be out within next 2 weeks. If you go on feedback it may show your score? Mine says 6,6,6 under the competency section

Are you sure thats not your application scores?
Are you sure thats not your application scores?

Can't be 100% but quite sure because the application was only one competency.
Can't be 100% but quite sure because the application was only one competency.

My application had 4 competencies. I know when i applied in february that had 1 competency. Also i applied internally. The other question i wanted to ask is is there any difference in the exams you have to take for an O grade and a HEO grade?
Original post by mabze
I think the 2 London locations are Stratford and Croydon

Stratford and croydon are for the future.
Stratford and croydon are for the future.

Not sure then, the process for the internal one would have been totally different.
My application had 4 competencies. I know when i applied in february that had 1 competency. Also i applied internally. The other question i wanted to ask is is there any difference in the exams you have to take for an O grade and a HEO grade?

Yes there is. A good example is like requiring you to study to AS level for band O and requiring the full A level for HO (just a metaphor). A lot of things might be similar but HO training usually takes the topic a small bit further and more complex.
Original post by TraineeAcc
Yes there is. A good example is like requiring you to study to AS level for band O and requiring the full A level for HO (just a metaphor). A lot of things might be similar but HO training usually takes the topic a small bit further and more complex.

Thanks for that it makes perfect sense and the example you gave was brilliant.
Reply 1056
Formal offer received, finally :smile:

I start in E&C in Nottingham on 7 November :smile:

Anyone else in Nottingham?
Original post by King86
Formal offer received, finally :smile:

I start in E&C in Nottingham on 7 November :smile:

Anyone else in Nottingham?

Congratulations :biggrin: :biggrin:

Band O or HO?

Do you know which number job it was for? I think there's a few being discussed in the thread (IE CSR/1321/16)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1058
Original post by Vereor
Congratulations :biggrin: :biggrin:

Band O or HO?

Do you know which number job it was for? I think there's a few being discussed in the thread (IE CSR/1321/16)

Thanks, it was HO.
This is from last years campaign,
CSR/159/16
Wow you had to wait that long for a formal offer?! This recruitment process is insane!! I can't even get them to respond to my emails never mind send me a formal offer or tell me I haven't been successful.

Were you on the reserve list?

Latest

Trending

Trending