The Student Room Group

2016 A-level Remarks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fefssdf
It is too late now. Remarks have to be requested in August not September :/ if you want to improve your marks I suggest retaking some units :smile:

You can still do remarks sent mine off today. School cut off date is the 18th so would be a couple of days after.
Thank you AQA for my remarks in English Literature :smile:
A C to a C in A2 and a D to - who would have guessed it - a D in AS, by marks so incremental that not even my dog would consume them.

It is wholly offensive that, despite full-marks in my coursework and As in my other exams, AQA have the audacity. Probably just trying to satisfy their quota or whatever. I refuse to accept it as I remember vividly what I had written but at least I have something to moan and feel indignant about. :unimpressed:
OCR biology unit 4 remark, nothing changed :/
I got full UMS in all of the exam units except for F214, in which I got a B, which I apparently deserved 😂 Oh well...
Original post by Numero Uno
guys how much was it for a remark, cos i had to pay 35 quid and seems over priced ?

For OCR it's £44.90 :/
Original post by MPH1997
Got 475/600 UMS in OCR A level biology, which is 2 raw marks from an A. My teacher insisted it wasn't worth remark due to reforms....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Managed to get my teacher to 'send away for a re-mark' for him to tell me it went up by 3 UMS. I asked in which module it went up and he told me they don't tell you that.... is he telling the truth or is he not wanting to spend £45?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ancienthistory
Thank you AQA for my remarks in English Literature :smile:
A C to a C in A2 and a D to - who would have guessed it - a D in AS, by marks so incremental that not even my dog would consume them.

It is wholly offensive that, despite full-marks in my coursework and As in my other exams, AQA have the audacity. Probably just trying to satisfy their quota or whatever. I refuse to accept it as I remember vividly what I had written but at least I have something to moan and feel indignant about. :unimpressed:

Deffo appeal if you're not happy with the remark
Reply 286
Original post by MPH1997
Managed to get my teacher to 'send away for a re-mark' for him to tell me it went up by 3 UMS. I asked in which module it went up and he told me they don't tell you that.... is he telling the truth or is he not wanting to spend £45?

Posted from TSR Mobile

if this is biology AS level then i believe he is right because for some reason they only give you your overall marks in new AS subjects now. However, for AQA i know it is possible to get someone from your school to log into e-AQA for free and use Enhanced Results Analysis to see your break down. Edexcel have a similar thing with resultsplus -- not sure about other exam boards.
Original post by MPH1997

If you're talking UMS then it must be an unreformed subject as the new linear A levels don't have UMS. Either way, you can only apply for re-marks of individual papers so whoever ordered it must have known which paper they applied for. Ask your exam office - they will have done any ordering.
Original post by RiyaAjani
Has anyone sent in their papers for remarking with the new system? if yes, how did your grades come back? Let me know!

Hey guys,

I got a C in A2 biology, having achieved an A (near full marks) in the EMPA, a B in biol4, and a U in biol5 (which obviously brought my marks down.) I'm 5 raw marks off an overall B, do you guys think it's worth it? I don't want to sacrifice my uni place if it somehow decreases to a D, lol.
Does anybody know where I can access a AQA biology mark scheme??? I just got a photocopy of my exam back and want o check so please let me know thank you
Son's AQA history went up by 26 UMS. Paper 3A up by 23 UMS from D to a B and Paper 2A (AS rest) went up by 3 from a B to an A.
Original post by Compost
If you're talking UMS then it must be an unreformed subject as the new linear A levels don't have UMS. Either way, you can only apply for re-marks of individual papers so whoever ordered it must have known which paper they applied for. Ask your exam office - they will have done any ordering.

I asked that and he said he sent both papers off

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 292
jkhnkl;.
(edited 6 years ago)
Got buss4 remarked Aqa, went down 5 ums from a D to a D 😊😊😊😊
Thought OCR remarks take 1 week? Been waiting since 9.30am results day..
Got AQA remark buss3 sent yesterday came back today unchanged.
Got AS Physics, only one paper, with OCR, remarked, came back pretty quick, but went down. Still the same grade though
Absolutely gutted and what a waste of £45...
Original post by Patrick2810
Thought OCR remarks take 1 week? Been waiting since 9.30am results day..

I'd check what's happened to it. None of our OCR re-marks this year have taken more than a few days.
Guys for ocr biology for f214 and f215 I scored a C and a D respectively but I scored around 90% overall at AS, revised and scored very high in my mocks (ie A*s) I was predicted an A*. Do you think it's worth getting my biology f215 remarked?
I got a B overall and need about 20 ums for an A

Quick Reply

Latest