The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

I gotta say, I've been so bad recently for taking medication. I've hardly been on it at all in weeks because I'm all over the place and I just can't remember to take it. I think I'm gonna go and pick up another prescription this week and give it another go for another couple of months, and if I'm struggling go back to the doctors. I had my PIP assessment for everything the other day as well and I'm really nervous because the guy gave me no room to explain anything. I think I'll end up having to appeal. I should've got it a year ago when I last applied, but they missed out something I wrote and said which lost me a point and put me one point below being awarded it. I meant to appeal, but missed the deadline. Wish me luck!
Last week I felt so down I was googling why am I so fat ugly and dumb and felt like I could relate to the posts.

TW ED

I had an argument with my mum and she's really pissing me off I can't even be angry without her saying 'are you taking your medicine' she is not helping the situation and my pychiatrist didn't make an appointment with me so I don't know if I'm getting a new doctor or I'll be stuck with my old doctor. I googled her name in the search engine and found out that someone else under her care committed suicide and what that patient went though is how I feel. I feel a bit uncomfortable now I know this information whether I should still see her.

Hope everyone else is doing fine. 😊
(edited 7 years ago)
[QUOTE=chelseadagg3r;67418580]I gotta say, I've been so bad recently for taking medication. I've hardly been on it at all in weeks because I'm all over the place and I just can't remember to take it. I think I'm gonna go and pick up another prescription this week and give it another go for another couple of months, and if I'm struggling go back to the doctors. I had my PIP assessment for everything the other day as well and I'm really nervous becauise the guy gave me no room to explain anything. I think I'll end up having to appeal. I should've got it a year ago when I last applied, but they missed out something I wrote and said which lost me a point and put me one point below being awarded it. I meant to appeal, but missed the deadline. Wish me luck!

Good luck and I had problems with PIP too earlier this year since it was changed from DLA and they didn't give it to me. My care coordinator and doctor said they should try to appeal it but then my new care coordinator said I should just reapply for it with her filling out the form since my old care coordinator let me do it myself without checking it.
I got a text on Friday saying that I'm eligible for it so they might of rejected it the first time because of how the form was written.
Original post by chelseadagg3r
I gotta say, I've been so bad recently for taking medication. I've hardly been on it at all in weeks because I'm all over the place and I just can't remember to take it. I think I'm gonna go and pick up another prescription this week and give it another go for another couple of months, and if I'm struggling go back to the doctors. I had my PIP assessment for everything the other day as well and I'm really nervous because the guy gave me no room to explain anything. I think I'll end up having to appeal. I should've got it a year ago when I last applied, but they missed out something I wrote and said which lost me a point and put me one point below being awarded it. I meant to appeal, but missed the deadline. Wish me luck!

Good luck and I had problems with PIP too earlier this year since it was changed from DLA and they didn't give it to me. My care coordinator and doctor said they should try to appeal it but then my new care coordinator said I should just reapply for it with her filling out the form since my old care coordinator let me do it myself without checking it.I got a text on Friday saying that I'm eligible for it so they might of rejected it the first time because of how the form was written.
Original post by Indieboohoo1
Last week I felt so down I was googling why am I so fat ugly and dumb and felt like I could relate to the posts.

TW ED

I had an argument with my mum and she's really pissing me off I can't even be angry without her saying 'are you taking your medicine' she is not helping the situation and my pychiatrist didn't make an appointment with me so I don't know if I'm getting a new doctor or I'll be stuck with my old doctor. I googled her name in the search engine and found out that someone else under her care committed suicide and what that patient went though is how I feel. I feel a bit uncomfortable now I know this information whether I should still see her.

Hope everyone else is doing fine. 😊

What drug did the doctor prescribe you?

(btw, I spoilered the numbers in your post as some people can get triggered.
Original post by Anonymous
Good luck and I had problems with PIP too earlier this year since it was changed from DLA and they didn't give it to me. My care coordinator and doctor said they should try to appeal it but then my new care coordinator said I should just reapply for it with her filling out the form since my old care coordinator let me do it myself without checking it.
I got a text on Friday saying that I'm eligible for it so they might of rejected it the first time because of how the form was written.

Oh that sucks, but at least you're getting somewhere now. Good luck with it all!
i feel really happy lately, almost to the point where i get excited to go to sleep just so that i can wake up and experience a new day. :smile:
why am i scared of everything.
why is people talking in the street scary when logically nothing is gonna happen.
Annoyed at being so nervous and anxious around new people and a new place.

But I'm feeling determined to overcome it and come out of my shell quicker than I usually do. And to get a positive outlook on life, my negative attitude is only holding me back.
Remembered something else that woman said. After the brief discussion about what my illnesses are so she could write out the letter, she asked some formalities like my name, age, DOB and then instead of asking my martial status she just came straight out with "I assume you're single?!" wtf?! She never said it in a jokey way, it was sharp and sarky, kinda like the way those nasty girls at school would say it if you know what I mean. Does she think people with what I have can't get a partner or that I'm bloody hideous or something. I just kind of looked at her and thought wtf and told her I do have a partner and she said sarcastically "oh I really need to stop assuming things". Really wished I had asked why she thought that now, I was even wearing my engagement ring. It's silly but the way she said and that little sarcastic remark after it makes my blood boil thinking about it.

Urgh, maybe I'm just too easily wound up these days.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Spock's Socks
Remembered something else that woman said. After the brief discussion about what my illnesses are so she could write out the letter, she asked some formalities like my name, age, DOB and then instead of asking my martial status she just came straight out with "I assume you're single?!" wtf?! She never said it in a jokey way, it was sharp and sarky, kinda like the way those nasty girls at school would say it if you know what I mean. Does she think people with what I have can't get a partner or that I'm bloody hideous or something. I just kind of looked at her and thought wtf and told her I do have a partner and she said sarcastically "oh I really need to stop assuming things". Really wished I had asked why she thought that now, I was even wearing my engagement ring. It's silly but the way she said and that little sarcastic remark after it makes my blood boil thinking about it.

Urgh, maybe I'm just too easily wound up these days.
Posted from TSR Mobile

That is actually quite rude. I've got my PIP assessment in two weeks time. I had to whinge at them because they've agreed to a home visit and originally told me they'll be here between 10.30 and 12.30pm. Their excuse for being so vague was because of traffic. I'm sure they've done that on purpose. I had to point out to them that as someone with Autism, you need to be quite a bit more specific.
Really wished I had asked why she thought that now, I was even wearing my engagement ring. It's silly but the way she said and that little sarcastic remark after it makes my blood boil thinking about it.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hate it when people make assumptions like that :frown: ... but I think it's better that you didn't ask why, so you can try to just move on from it. It could simply be because of your age or something :smile:
Probably gonna need to ask for my dosage to be upped. Body is now resisting the quetiapine and I can't even fall asleep on it. :/ Also still seeing and hearing things.
Original post by Ezme39
Hate it when people make assumptions like that :frown: ... but I think it's better that you didn't ask why, so you can try to just move on from it. It could simply be because of your age or something :smile:

Yeah it was more the way she said it than what she said that annoyed me if you know what I mean? A second before she said it I told her my age, I'm 24 so I don't think she would assume I'm single from my age. Maybe if I were 14? :laugh: I'll just make sure I won't go back to her, especially when it comes to my Pip tribunal.
Original post by Tiger Rag
That is actually quite rude. I've got my PIP assessment in two weeks time. I had to whinge at them because they've agreed to a home visit and originally told me they'll be here between 10.30 and 12.30pm. Their excuse for being so vague was because of traffic. I'm sure they've done that on purpose. I had to point out to them that as someone with Autism, you need to be quite a bit more specific.
hope your PIP assessment goes well :hugs: keep me updated. I'm glad you managed to get a home visit. I pleaded for one and got evidence from my doc and they still refused. Yeah I undersatnd completely that you need them to be more specific. I hope you pass the medical and don't have to go through all the hoops of appealing like I am atm :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

hope your PIP assessment goes well :hugs: keep me updated. I'm glad you managed to get a home visit. I pleaded for one and got evidence from my doc and they still refused. Yeah I undersatnd completely that you need them to be more specific. I hope you pass the medical and don't have to go through all the hoops of appealing like I am atm :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. :smile: They've just ignored my request for them to be more specific so it seems. Urgh. Or am I being that unreasonable? I've got to have someone with me (I've got various issues communicating and need someone who knows me well to translate into simple English) as well. Clearly have nothing better to do than wait around anything up to 2 hours just for someone to come and visit me.
Original post by Tiger Rag
Thanks. :smile: They've just ignored my request for them to be more specific so it seems. Urgh. Or am I being that unreasonable? I've got to have someone with me (I've got various issues communicating and need someone who knows me well to translate into simple English) as well. Clearly have nothing better to do than wait around anything up to 2 hours just for someone to come and visit me.

No, you're not being unreasonable. Having such a huge time gap for them to arrive would set off my anxiety and panic attacks. I know they can't always give an exact time but a two hour gap is huge when you are dreading an appt. I'm glad you have someone with you, that'll hopefully show them that you do need help and PIP. Hopefully your medical won't take too long and you get someone who is empathic to your problems. Mine only tool about half an hour and the nurse who done it was pretty nice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just moved to London and saw new GP this morning who has made an urgent referral to the assessment team. They called me and said they were concerned because I'd stopped the clozapine and apparently sounded paranoid. They wanted me to see the crisis team but declined as they don't know me so would probably over react to what I say and section me or something. URGH.
sometimes help appears in unlikely places.
ok so it isnt the professional doctory help that ppl keep badgering me about but it is a small step in a direction of more openness.
obviously wont mention the nightmares etc, want to maintain a perfect picture of mental composure bc absolutely nothing is getting in the way of this year but maybe it will help with some of the things that cause the underlying anxiety.
Got a docs appt at 8:40am tomorrow to discuss my GP writing a letter or something to support my mandatory reconsideration for PIP. My docs surgery is notorious for denying letters so wish me luck for that and getting up so early :frown:
Got a docs appt at 8:40am tomorrow to discuss my GP writing a letter or something to support my mandatory reconsideration for PIP. My docs surgery is notorious for denying letters so wish me luck for that and getting up so early :frown:

Good luck :hugs:

Latest