Original post by 538123
Nothing yet. Please do post if you do!

Standard rejection letter in the post this morning
Reply 3281
Any news from Blackfriars?
B
Original post by 538123
Any news from Blackfriars?

Rejections in today's post. Letter dated 28th.
Reply 3283
Ah, sorry :frown: I still haven't received anything & PG still on First Interview. Given that your letter is dated 28 August, I'm guessing the offer has already been made.
Original post by shestheone
B

Rejections in today's post. Letter dated 28th.
Still haven't received a response from Blackfriars..... Anyone else in the same boat ?

Original post by 538123
Ah, sorry :frown: I still haven't received anything & PG still on First Interview. Given that your letter is dated 28 August, I'm guessing the offer has already been made.
Reply 3285
Anyone heard from the CPS?
Original post by CRA22
Anyone heard from the CPS?

Just had my scoring sheets through from the video interview and assessment centre. Quite helpful. Surprising they don't even mark the application stage (cv and online questions).
*** ADVOCACY OPPORTUNITY ***

DWF LLP, is looking for new advocates to join their expanding London and Birmingham offices. You will be supervised by in-house counsel whilst being in court most days.

If you are interested in applying, PM me for more details. We have already recruited one person who applied from this thread - so there is precedent.

Main function of job:

This is an in-house advocate role within a top 20 national law firm. The advocate will conduct, inter alia, all interlocutory hearings, applications, disposal hearings and costs and case management hearings for the insurance and litigation departments of the firm. As well as representing insurers at court the role will involve reporting to the client in line with internal procedures along with some written advocacy work.

The firms’ national advocacy team is managed by an employed barrister and organised by their clerking team.

Person specification:

A successful candidate will preferably have previous advocacy experience in civil litigation, however this is not essential and extensive training can be provided.

Any successful candidate will be expected to have the commercial awareness, confidence and ability to seek out, secure and retain new clients from within the firm.

All candidates are expected to have achieved at least a 2.1 at undergraduate level and a Very Competent for the BVC/BPTC.

Main Duties:

Representing clients in court on instruction from fee earnersDrafting legal documents on instruction from earnersDisplaying time management skills so as to fully prepare for all instructed mattersLiaising with fee earners, both before and after hearingsManaging relations with fee earners so as to ensure the future growth of the team

The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your evolving role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
No response either!
Original post by Fjama1
Still haven't received a response from Blackfriars..... Anyone else in the same boat ?
Reply 3289
Finally got first round interview invite with Farringdon today.
Reply 3290
I know that chambers says they'll get back to us by tomorrow, but I don't suppose anyone heard from 7 Harrington Street?
Original post by 901dL
I know that chambers says they'll get back to us by tomorrow, but I don't suppose anyone heard from 7 Harrington Street?

I got a call from them on Thursday for an interview.
Hi everyone, I applied for an inn scholarship last year but was unsuccessful. I am not a member of any inn and am thinking of applying somewhere else this year. Does anyone know is this is possible, is it frowned upon, has anyone tried their luck at a different inn for scholarships?

thanks in advance :smile:

all the best
Original post by bris2016
Hi everyone, I applied for an inn scholarship last year but was unsuccessful. I am not a member of any inn and am thinking of applying somewhere else this year. Does anyone know is this is possible, is it frowned upon, has anyone tried their luck at a different inn for scholarships?

thanks in advance :smile:

all the best

If you didn't join the Inn you applied to you're free to try again wherever you like next time. It isn't frowned upon, it won't be taken into account, and indeed if you go elsewhere I don't know how they'd even know you'd applied before. Nothing like that came up at my interview and I can't see why it would.
Has anyone heard from 7HS regarding a second round interview?
Did anyone else apply to 9 Stone Buildings?

If so, have you heard anything back yet?
Anyone else here sit the Lambeth Council pupillage assessment?
Original post by shestheone
Just had my scoring sheets through from the video interview and assessment centre. Quite helpful. Surprising they don't even mark the application stage (cv and online questions).

Hi I also sat the CPS assessment but I never received any feedback. Do you have to specifically request this or do they send it out automatically ( in which case I never got mine!). Thanks!
I've applied and haven't heard anything yet...
Hi, does anyone know what is happening with David Norman Solicitors Pupillage? Anyone received an offer or got a rejection after the interview? Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending