The Student Room Group

is this UKCAT good enough for Edinburgh?

Verbal Reasoning 720
Quantitative Reasoning 720
Abstract Reasoning 640
Band 2
(Average of 693)

I have 12A*s at GCSE, an A in maths and fmaths at AS (i take biology, chemistry and physics as well but these were not offered at AS level)
Probably predicted A*AAA or A*A*AA or A*A*A*A

Is this good enough for edinburgh? the rest of my applied to places are BMAT only
Reply 1
Original post by atomicjellyfish
Verbal Reasoning 720
Quantitative Reasoning 720
Abstract Reasoning 640
Band 2
(Average of 693)

I have 12A*s at GCSE, an A in maths and fmaths at AS (i take biology, chemistry and physics as well but these were not offered at AS level)
Probably predicted A*AAA or A*A*AA or A*A*A*A

Is this good enough for edinburgh? the rest of my applied to places are BMAT only

I know they are quite set on a high situational judgement score so I'm not sure.
But why three BMAT universities. Your UKCAT is decent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mliela
I know they are quite set on a high situational judgement score so I'm not sure.
But why three BMAT universities. Your UKCAT is decent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm applying to Oxford, UCL and Imperial as well as Edinburgh

None of the UKCAT unis really appealed to me, except for Queen Mary but I live quite close and they don't guarantee accomodation for 1st years (a previous sibling had troubles with this and ended up having to drop out due to not being able to afford the external accomodation)

I might review the ukcat ones though, as I wouldn't mind switching out imperial
Any you would recommend?
Reply 3
Original post by atomicjellyfish
I'm applying to Oxford, UCL and Imperial as well as Edinburgh

None of the UKCAT unis really appealed to me, except for Queen Mary but I live quite close and they don't guarantee accomodation for 1st years (a previous sibling had troubles with this and ended up having to drop out due to not being able to afford the external accomodation)

I might review the ukcat ones though, as I wouldn't mind switching out imperial
Any you would recommend?

Birmingham or Cardiff with GCSEs like yours. It'd be crazy to pick three BMAT universities.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Hey guys I got
VR: 630
QR: 900
AR: 680
but sjt was band 3.
My average is high at 737 but is it worth applying to ukcat unis with band 3???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending