The Student Room Group

Toughest video games you've ever completed?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anosmianAcrimony
I still play it from time to time, but not as often as I used to. After I beat the game with every loadout of every ship, there wasn't much left to do; I'm not badass enough to try to do that on Hard.

For the first time since I started playing I've actually had to dismiss a crew member. Most of the time I barely finish the game with a full compliment of crew, except this time it's kinda like waiting for a bus then two come at once... I've actually had to dismiss 3 crew members, and another one died.

Still have a full crew :lol:
The last part of gta iv was solid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dark Souls blight town is horrendous on consoles. The frame rate drops to single digits.

Probably the hardest part of the game to finish. God I hated blight town.
Considered all things which can be done in games (bonus levels or stages for instance) and the age of mine (some games are easier to complete in older ages) at those times those were the thought ones:

Super Mario World (SNES)
Rayman TGE (N64)
Mega Man 3 (NES)
Mega Man Wilys Revenge (Game Boy)
Mega Man 5 (Game Boy)
Zelda Ocarina of time (N64)
Super Mario 64
Original post by leafcannon
The original Super Mario Bros. No joke. And keep in mind this is Virtual Console, where I can abuse savestates.
(...)

Oh yeah, I remember! Have played Super Mario Bros. Deluxe for SNES. The last two stages, especially the last bowser castle, are very though. Too though, as I was not able to complete...

Nothing completed or nothing what was too thought to complete?
Reply 85
The first dark souls, because I was not expecting to get ****** so many times in one game loool.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DDan123
The first dark souls, because I was not expecting to get ****** so many times in one game loool.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put that game down soon after I got to the first town. Couldn't deal with it.

Tried it again like sixth months later, managed to complete it. It's an amazing game!
Skimming through this thread, I've seen Catherine a few times and, yeah, some of those puzzles proper *******ed me for the first few (or more, lol) times on normal difficulty. Don't even get me started on hard difficulty XD.

Aside from that, no joke, Pokemon Red- the broken bloody mess of a game XD. I love Pokemon but I so nearly rage quit this one, took me weeks to beat Sabrina, lol (**** off Alakazam). I'm glad the games are a lot more balanced now.
Original post by noggins
Title speaks for itself, folks. You can also include games you know you almost finished, but kept getting your ass handed to you by the last few bosses. If you completed a certain old game on an emulator and used save states, please mention it by the side.

I'm going to narrow mine down to a top ten.

R-Type 3 (SNES)
Alien Soldier (Mega Drive, played on Wii)
Revenge of Shinobi (Mega Drive)
Gunstar Heroes (on extreme mode, Mega Drive)
Bangai-o Spirits (Nintendo DS)
Moonstone (MS-DOS emu)
Resogun (on veteran mode, PS3)
Super Fantasy Zone (Mega Drive)
Castlevania SOTN (PS1)
OutRun 1986 (Dreamcast)

Zelda on the Gameboy, final fantasy 2 on an emulator and final fantasy 7, 9 and x2 on the ps2, most of the dynasty warriors games. And ridge racer 4 also gta5
Reply 89
The Simpsons hit and run
Man that last level was tough...
Reply 90
Original post by Glib
The Simpsons hit and run
Man that last level was tough...

The bane of my childhood..
Going back to it I beat it first try but it's certainly unforgiving
I see. Had the same in the other way round: games which were considered easy by the others were quite difficult to play through.

Did you make the experience that some games which you had completed were more difficult to play through in younger ages? *
Amnesia: The Dark Descent

I forced myself to play it at night with headphones on and the volume up. The game itself isn't mega challenging but the fear it creates within you just makes you want to quit almost as much as you want to keep going on.
Reply 93
Ratchet and Clank Size Matters on PSP
beat the dead rising PC release today with all survivors rescued, it was actually the most challenging game i've played this year

i never actually managed to beat it when i was younger back when it was released on the 360, but i still didn't remember it being this unforgiving
harry potter and the philosopher's stone
=)))))))))))
Reply 97
Original post by Robinin
Aside from that, no joke, Pokemon Red- the broken bloody mess of a game XD. I love Pokemon but I so nearly rage quit this one, took me weeks to beat Sabrina, lol (**** off Alakazam). I'm glad the games are a lot more balanced now.

Psychic types have been nerfed so much now ;(
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
The bane of my childhood..
Going back to it I beat it first try but it's certainly unforgiving

I just completed borderlands telltale games. I don't know about the hardest, maybe the easiest game i have ever completed? Seeing as all you have to do is choose conversation answers, and occasionally press a button or two! lol
I'm not sure about the toughest game I've ever completed, but one of the toughest games I've ever played is Heart of Darkness on the PS1. SO. DAMN. DIFFICULT.

Quick Reply

Latest