The Student Room Group

Italy: 10,000 migrants rescued from Mediterranean in 48 hours

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alevelstresss
prove this claim

inb4 some stupid whinging about how "wahh but you don't prove your OWN claims hypocrite"

Read the Koran verse 33:21 and the following Islamic commentaries:

http://www.lastprophet.info/the-importance-of-prophet-muhammad-and-his-status-as-a-role-model

http://www.iqrasense.com/quranic-tafsir/prophet-muhammad-was-sent-as-an-example.html

If you were not aware of this, as appears, then you are ill-equipped to be opining on Islam.
(edited 7 years ago)
perhaps, perhaps not, but what matters is that it was 1500 years ago, pedophilia was more common back then across the entire planet, and not just within the Islamic community.

perhaps, perhaps not, but what matters is that it was 1500 years ago, pedophilia was more common back then across the entire planet, and not just within the Islamic community.

You've just condoned pedophilia of Mohammed, and tried to justify it as well. This is the same attitude I get from Muslims, on this site and ones that used to my friends. Therefore, I believe you are a Muslim.
Original post by MeYou2Night
You've just condoned pedophilia of Mohammed, and tried to justify it as well. This is the same attitude I get from Muslims, on this site and ones that used to my friends. Therefore, I believe you are a Muslim.

I'm not a Muslim, and I am not condoning pedophilia, grow up. You've just run out of flak to support your hateful argument, so you're resorting to the principle of "can't be disproven so it must be true". I strongly dislike all forms of religion, including Islam. Its frustrating to have people force beliefs onto you and to claim that they're going to heaven because they follow a certain pattern of traditions. But I am also a realist, religion and Islam specifically isn't going to disappear overnight. Therefore, whinging about its influence on terrorism or its primitive tenets is unwarranted and quite clearly a part of the problem.
Original post by Good bloke
Read the Koran verse 33:21 and the following Islamic commentaries:

http://www.lastprophet.info/the-importance-of-prophet-muhammad-and-his-status-as-a-role-model

http://www.iqrasense.com/quranic-tafsir/prophet-muhammad-was-sent-as-an-example.html

If you were not aware of this, as appears, then you are ill-equipped to be opining on Islam.

christ sake, I'm asking you to prove that many Muslims marry young girls

I'm not surprised that given the choice between the two things to prove, you chose the one which was easier to use to attack my credibility, but you've got a strong track record of using irrelevant sources and throwing childish insults, so i'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt

prove that many Muslims marry underage girls, and that it is directly because of Mohammed's behaviour or because Islam sees him as a role model

Source 1 hand picks a few isolated incidents, irrelevant to my point
Source 2 is a website designed to hate on Islam, unreliable
Source 3 doesn't show that 'many Muslims marry youths', just picks isolated incidents and blamed Islamic culture for some laws

You claimed that many many Muslims are pedophiles, you failed to prove that

Furthermore, assuming you actually proved it, so what? There are other cultures out there which differ from our own, and marrying younger people than us is definitely not one of the worse issues out there.

I'm not going to respond to you from now anyway because you have this annoying track record of whinging about how uninformed I am, and you make great requests for me to prove things, but you apparently are consistent with both of these two things. Goodbye, and as I requested earlier, don't respond with your ill-informed hatred, its quite obvious that discriminating against Muslims causes them to become hateful and this is a perfect catalyst for radicalisation. By all means, hide behind your shield of 'freedom to criticise', but criticising an ancient religion for a different type of society is inherently bigoted, especially when almost all of them ignore the primitive, barbaric tenets of Islam.
Are you joking? The migrant crisis has shattered the dynamic of our attitudes towards immigration and Muslims. We haven't seen some 2 odd million immigrants come in such a short space of time, all from Islamic regions, with the catalytic effect of terrorism which is driving far-right sympathy throughout Europe. Its absurd to say that some minor immigration 10 years ago is even comparable to the scale of what is happening now.

You misunderstood me.
I'm not saying that the scale is the same, I'm saying that people keep coming from the same places, therefore, it is likely that they have similar culture and level of education.

What I'm also saying is that people of certain cultures integrate very well, while other not at all, and some find some difficulties- either they are discriminated, or they don't want to integrate. I think both.
The large scale of current immigration will only make integration more difficult, therefore the recent policy on immigration was irresponsible.

Btw. I got some document from my lecturer:
http://www.oecd.org/els/mig/Indicators-of-Immigrant-Integration-2015.pdf

A shall quote also his opinion:

"There are very little objective surveys that cover the topics you mentioned" (employment, criminality, values, reactions to terrorist attacks)
(...) "These avaible surveys you can look at, are not worth very much."

Really sorry for not making quotations from the document, but I have no time for it.

Btw. An example of problem with minority of immigrants:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/11433776/Quarter-of-British-Muslims-sympathise-with-Charlie-Hebdo-terrorists.html

27% of British muslims have sympathy towards bandits and murderers who killed people only bacause they had draw a caricature of a medieval pedophile who was probably mental.
How do you expect Europeans not to be afraid of muslims under such circuimstances?
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm not a Muslim, and I am not condoning pedophilia, grow up. You've just run out of flak to support your hateful argument, so you're resorting to the principle of "can't be disproven so it must be true". I strongly dislike all forms of religion, including Islam. Its frustrating to have people force beliefs onto you and to claim that they're going to heaven because they follow a certain pattern of traditions. But I am also a realist, religion and Islam specifically isn't going to disappear overnight. Therefore, whinging about its influence on terrorism or its primitive tenets is unwarranted and quite clearly a part of the problem.

You did condone pedophillia, you may have not meant to but you did. My argument isn't hateful so you grow up, or does that invade your "safe space"?
(edited 7 years ago)
You did condone pedophillia, you may have not meant to but you did. My argument isn't hateful so you grow up, or does that invade your "safe space"?

I gave you a reason why pedophilia existed 1500 years ago, I am not condoning it.

Grow up
I gave you a reason why pedophilia existed 1500 years ago, I am not condoning it.

Grow up

No you didn't? You just said:

Nowhere there, you said why it existed, you just said it was more common and "what matters is that it was 1500 years ago".

In laymen's terms you said: "pedophillia didn't matter back then as it was common so therefore acceptable"

Therefore you inadvertently condoned it .

I also don't need to be told to grow up by some cocky a level student either as a 24 year old with two masters degrees, whonis a trained train driver and a housing portfolio.
(edited 7 years ago)
No you didn't? You just said:

Nowhere there, you said why it existed, you just said it was more common and "what matters is that it was 1500 years ago".

In laymen's terms you said: "pedophillia didn't matter back then as it was common so therefore acceptable"

Therefore you inadvertently condoned it .

I also don't need to be told to grow up by some cocky a level student either as a 24 year old with two masters degrees, a trained train driver and a housing portfolio.

I'm not going to respond to absurd allegations that I am condoning pedophilia. Even if you are trying to twist my words or if I was unclear, I do not condone it. So stop crying about that, it was obviously you trying to derail the topic because you know how hollow your argument is.

And I'm shocked about your behaviour if you are actually 24, but if your "two masters" got you ending up in train driving, no wonder you're angry at immigrants and Muslims - it feels good to think your petty life problems are at the fault of foreigners. Still, you're pretty immature for a 24 year old, to cry about be condoning pedophilia when I clearly didn't.
I'm not going to respond to absurd allegations that I am condoning pedophilia. Even if you are trying to twist my words or if I was unclear, I do not condone it. So stop crying about that, it was obviously you trying to derail the topic because you know how hollow your argument is.

And I'm shocked about your behaviour if you are actually 24, but if your "two masters" got you ending up in train driving, no wonder you're angry at immigrants and Muslims - it feels good to think your petty life problems are at the fault of foreigners. Still, you're pretty immature for a 24 year old, to cry about be condoning pedophilia when I clearly didn't.

Actually in very happy with my life right now. I earn £47,000 a year from my job.
I also earn £124,000 a year from the houses I own. I have no problem with immigrants, and I never said I did.

I have a Maserati, as well. The biggest problem in my life now is I can't afford a 5th house at the moment but hey ho.

Thanks for the observation though.

My two masters degrees were done purely for fun and boredom whilst teaming to be a train driver, as I'm also a qualified train engineer, which is the best job ever and very well paid as I've mentioned. I'll be earning over £50k it soon.
(edited 7 years ago)
Actually in very happy with my life right now. I earn £47,000 a year from my job.
I also earn £124,000 a year from the houses I own. I have no problem with immigrants, and I never said I did.

I have a Maserati, as well. The biggest problem in my life now is I can't afford a 5th house at the moment but hey ho.

Thanks for the observation though.

My two masters degrees were done purely for fun and boredom whilst teaming to be a train driver, as I'm also a qualified train engineer, which is the best job ever and very well paid as I've mentioned. I'll be earning over £50k it soon.

All Im saying is, if I cold afford to live in London then I would but I cant, so I dont (and Im quite well off).Why should people who happened just to be born there have some sort of absolute untouchable right to live there?

:troll: confirmed

goodbye, should I block you too?
:troll:

of course you are

I am and I do. Not sure how to prove that to you. I guess my parents being millionaires helped so I will admit im slightly privileged in that regard.
:troll: confirmed

goodbye, should I block you too?

That was then, this is now.

Oh, you're one of those people, who block people they don't like. It's not your fault, though. It's a generation of bubble wrapped children which has led to this.
(edited 7 years ago)
That was then, this is now.

Oh your one of those people, who block people they don't like. It's not your fault, though. It's a generation of bubble wrapped children which has led to this.

Actually he tells people he's blocked them then replies to their posts for days afterwards....
With the best will in the world you can't maintain a cohesive society with sustained immigration at these levels from the third world. I'm not in the let them drown camp, but not the head in the sand one either. I'm not against the county taking in those that are desperate but there needs to be a manageable limit and proper vetting due to the terrorism threat.

My opinion is to increase (and strictly supervise) foreign aid to try and deal with the root cause(which I know is equally unpalatable for a lot of people).

Nothing will change while Libya is ****ed so Europe needs to do everything they can to un**** it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Brizio
Oh my God.
I'm interested in the topic as I'm Italian myself, but I couldn't make it past the first page. I didn't expect so much racism in so little space HERE, I'm used to see it on fascist pages, but I thought I'd find at least people who received an education.
You're wishing death for billions of people because you don't want them to touch you! You hope they die because otherwise you may not be able to afford to go on holiday as much as you do now.
I realize there must be some limit to migrations, but what you're writing here is the very reason why ISIS exists. If we (as the western world) keep on doing what we like with other people lives, letting them die at our front door or handing them to Turkey so Erdogan can kill them in our name, we're no different from ISIS. Actually, we're much worse, as we're killing many more than a few hundreds innocent lives every five or six months.

I am really intrigued where you got this "billions" from, even if we take the entire population of Africa and the Middle East you're barely half way to billions. And the funniest thing about this all is the EU's policy on the Mediteranean migrant crisis has actually killed MORE people than the conflicts they're using as an excuse to try to move to Northern and Western Europe. In fact, since the beginning of 2014 over TEN THOUSAND have drowned in the Med due to the policy, in the same time the total dead in Lybia is not even half of that, and the civilian fatalities, well, lower still.
(edited 7 years ago)
Some people are suggesting things like that, or simply dumping them in Libya.

And these refugees are integrating fine, its just the critics of this immigration like to focus their spotlight on the tiny handful which aren't integrating to promote their hateful agenda. You get many many many many more rapes, stabbings and incidents committed by the native population, but the ones done in relation to the migrant crisis gain headlines because the racist idiots in a country love to buy newspapers which blame their petty problems on foreigners, so they publish about these for £££. In reality, they are causing fewer problems than locals.

think how similar Sweden is prove you are wrong .
Original post by Brizio
what you're writing here is the very reason why ISIS exists. If we (as the western world) keep on doing what we like with other people lives, letting them die at our front door or handing them to Turkey so Erdogan can kill them in our name, we're no different from ISIS. Actually, we're much worse, as we're killing many more than a few hundreds innocent lives every five or six months.
this is far too simplistic and deeply wrong
it is wrong to think that "we" or "Europe" or "the West" is ultimately responsible for whatever happens in the world. Sure, we have influence, but ultimately it's the people themselves who are directly responsible for their civil wars and massacres, their corrupt and inefficient ruling classes, their economic and political failures. Our responsibility (where it exists, and it does existin some cases) is only an indirect responsibility : in the meantime, we are directly saving thousands of people from drowning

Most people drowning in the Mediterranean are not political refugees, but economic migrants (mostly from Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Senegal, Nigeria, Mali etc) who are looking for a better life. An understandable desire, but it's not like they have some sort of inherent right to settle wherever they wish : on the contrary, States have a right to control immigration (as well as the status of asylum seekers)

It is a naive platitude, favoured by the "regressive left", to fork out appalling nonsense like "we are worse than ISIS" , "it's all of our fault" etc etc

If anything, it's by our wishy-washy, ambiguous attitude that we are encouraging more people to attempt dangerous trips and - in that sense - we do have some responsibility for the drownings : we should send out much clearer messages, stressing how economic migrants are, as a general rule, not desired and will be repatriated. And then, we should (whenever feasible) actually repatriate them

cerca di guardarti attorno un po' di più (try looking around a bit more)

best
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending