The Student Room Group

I'm so nervous about college.

Tomorrow is my first day at college, and I am doing Business Studies. I hated it and really do not want to do it, and I'm worried that I'll make no friends. A few of my friends from secondary school are going, but I'd like to make some new friends. Did anyone else feel like this on their first day of college? Also were you able to change your course if you didn't like it?
Reply 1
Why on earth are you studying Business Studies if you hate it?
Original post by jaym16
Tomorrow is my first day at college, and I am doing Business Studies. I hated it and really do not want to do it, and I'm worried that I'll make no friends. A few of my friends from secondary school are going, but I'd like to make some new friends. Did anyone else feel like this on their first day of college? Also were you able to change your course if you didn't like it?

First of all, if you don't like your subject- definitely change it! You cannot possibly do well if you hate a subject- unless you have a real motivation/reason to do it, you won't put the work in to get the grades.
I was certainly worried about finding friends- very nervous at first! A year on I'm off to a party in an hour with 50 people I've met throughout the year and loved! College has been amazing for my social life, you find people with similar interests ect. You just gotta wait, and be nice to people! So don't worry :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest