The Student Room Group

Which broadband provider should I choose as a student?

Hello I am moving to Glasgow in a few days, to a flat without any internet connection... and I was wondering - what do you think is the best provider? Is there a way to have broadband without any additional stuff, like TV or phone line if I really don't need them?
Thank you :wink:
Reply 1
Sky :smile:

Please choose us :mmm:
Original post by UWS
Sky :smile:

Please choose us :mmm:

Im on Sky so technically I am giving you money by paying my bills:redface:, wheres my thankyou
Reply 3
Original post by SuperHuman98
Im on Sky so technically I am giving you money by paying my bills:redface:, wheres my thankyou

The sad thing is, it doesn't even go to me directly because I'm not in Sales or higher management :bawling:

It makes us richer so thank you for your choice :biggrin:

A new series called "The Night Of", started last Thursday on Sky Atlantic, did you watch it?
Reply 4
OK, I checked and those available are: Talktalk, Sky, BT, Plusnet, SSE, Virgin Media.
Original post by UWS
The sad thing is, it doesn't even go to me directly because I'm not in Sales or higher management :bawling:

It makes us richer so thank you for your choice :biggrin:

A new series called "The Night Of", started last Thursday on Sky Atlantic, did you watch it?

I dont have sky atlantic :frown:, I have the standard channels on SKY
Virgin is complete **** imo but sky seems alot faster
Reply 7
Original post by weroni
Hello I am moving to Glasgow in a few days, to a flat without any internet connection... and I was wondering - what do you think is the best provider? Is there a way to have broadband without any additional stuff, like TV or phone line if I really don't need them?
Thank you :wink:

Virgin Broadband is unbeatable. They get some bad reviews (as do any provider), but they own their own network and aren't just renting bits of BTs network which Plusnet, talktalk and so on do. It's a fast network too - We're paying for 152Mbp/s and I consistently get that or slightly higher. I've never had a problem with them. We've had Virgin Broadbands services for the past 13 years and could not be happier.

BTW, virgin broadband do 9 month contracts. google it for more info
Reply 8
Thank you all very much, I've chosen the Virgin Broadband, since I don't need the phone line with it, so far it works great, I've been downloading some stuff and it's fast enough :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending