The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 04MR17
104632Interesting. I did mine the other way around: C1,2, S1 then C3, 4, M1. Best advice. Do a C1 past paper now (start on 2005), expect to get a U but the important thing is how many marks out of 75 you can get purely off GCSE knowledge. Do a past paper a month (for C1 at least, give it a bit longer before starting M1 papers) and hopefully see the marks coming up. By Christmas aim for a D in C1, an E in M1 and a U in C2 - from there it's about past papers all the way to the bank (revise C1 while you're doing C2). The most important thing about doing past papers is marking them yourself. Use the mark schemes, mark yourself harshly: see where you went wrong and trying and notice how the marks are distributed for that question. M1 is mechanical physics with more algebra.

I am not usre if i'll do S1 or M1 first :dontknow: juat said :tongue:
Thanks, i did do few questions but not a whole paper, it wasnt that hard lol (i just picked the ones i knew :lol:) past papers were (i think) the only reason i got high grade in maths gcse :tongue:

Hmm, okay so C1 is easier than C2? What is even the difference?

Ah yes, i'll mark them myself, so i can see the mark scheme and see what kin of answers they accepr :yep:

Was helpful, Thanks so much :jumphug: appreciate ur help :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
I'm good now, I think
Or maybe not (un-jinxed)
Cheese, shall I do a new AMA?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 04MR17
104641Cheese, shall I do a new AMA?

If you are wanting another of my fab questions, why not :colone:
Original post by mediaya
I am not sure if i'll do S1 or M1 first juat said
Thanks, i did do few questions but not a whole paper, it wasn't that hard (I just picked the ones i knew) past papers were (I think) the only reason i got high grade in maths gcse

Hmm, okay so C1 is easier than C2? What is even the difference?

Ah yes, i'll mark them myself, so i can see the mark scheme and see what kin of answers they accept

Was helpful, Thanks so much appreciate your help
Yeah, C1 is easier than C2. They contain some different stuff, but some similar bits: and of that, C2 progresses the C1 bit further (e.g. integration, differentiation etc. [these words will make sense by February]). My best advice would be to be prepared to work out what the question wants you to do. Even if you don't understand the topic yet, (like in the paper you did) give a stab at some working out - be adventurous with it (this is also what unis like to see). Also, it's great that you know how to use past papers properly, but please be aware that there are two relevant papers a year stretching back to 2005 for each unit that's 60 past papers for this year: start early. One other thing, Maths is one of few remaining subjects where the AS is the first year of an A Level (compulsory component) so make sure this is your focus because in other subject the AS doesn't actually matter.
104644:smile:
If you are wanting another of my fab questions, why not :colone:
Do you think it's worth it/do you want to ask a fab question?
Original post by 04MR17
104644:smile:Do you think it's worth it/do you want to ask a fab question?

I am not entirely sure/ofc :mmm:
I am not entirely sure/ofc :mmm:
Shall I do it anyway? (You may learn new things about me and my dear parents)
Original post by 04MR17
104643Yeah, C1 is easier than C2. They contain some different stuff, but some similar bits: and of that, C2 progresses the C1 bit further (e.g. integration, differentiation etc. [these words will make sense by February]). My best advice would be to be prepared to work out what the question wants you to do. Even if you don't understand the topic yet, (like in the paper you did) give a stab at some working out - be adventurous with it (this is also what unis like to see). Also, it's great that you know how to use past papers properly, but please be aware that there are two relevant papers a year stretching back to 2005 for each unit that's 60 past papers for this year: start early.

One other thing, Maths is one of few remaining subjects where the AS is the first year of an A Level (compulsory component) so make sure this is your focus because in other subject the AS doesn't actually matter.

Ah yeah, looked at differentiation lol
Ah okay :smile:

And dont get the bit in bold

Ah yh, i know that, i'll have AS exams dor maths only, so i need to focus on that :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mediaya
Ah yeah, looked at differentiation lol
Ah okay
And don't get the bit in bold
Ah yeah, i know that, i'll have AS exams for maths only, so I need to focus on that
So there was a January exam series and a June exam series every year from 2005-2012. 2013 saw the last of the January exams, but the start of the "regional" papers (for people a certain number of hours away in case there was a leak) these papers are marked with an (R) - so there were 3 papers in 2013. Then 2014 saw the last of the regional papers - 2 exams in 2014. There was only 1 exam (June) in 2015 and the same in 2016 meaning that averaging out, you have 2 papers per year, remainder 1. It's been 10 years (approx.) since 2005 thus 2*10=20 papers.

All that was just for one unit (20 papers for each unit) = a lot of papers.

Latest

Trending

Trending