The Student Room Group

Medicine

Hi,

I'm struggling to decide which medical schools to apply for as I want to have the highest chance:

GCSEs = 6 A*s and 5 As (A* in chemistry biology physics English language English lit and citizenship)
A- level predictions of A in chemistry geography and biology, dropped maths at AS level with a B grade
UKCAT average 633
Verbal reading =640
Quantitative reasoning =650
Abstract reasoning =610 and band 2 in situational judgement
Am also doing an EPQ, any advice on which unis would be great as I want to play to my strengths..... Thank you!
Original post by k8trees
Hi,

I'm struggling to decide which medical schools to apply for as I want to have the highest chance:

GCSEs = 6 A*s and 5 As (A* in chemistry biology physics English language English lit and citizenship)
A- level predictions of A in chemistry geography and biology, dropped maths at AS level with a B grade
UKCAT average 633
Verbal reading =640
Quantitative reasoning =650
Abstract reasoning =610 and band 2 in situational judgement
Am also doing an EPQ, any advice on which unis would be great as I want to play to my strengths..... Thank you!

Hey! Very similar stats to my own. Last year I was interviewed at both Keele and Liverpool with my stats. I think you would score fully on the Liverpool interview criteria and providing your work experience is good, then you would stand a chance with Keele.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Aleveltimes
Hey! Very similar stats to my own. Last year I was interviewed at both Keele and Liverpool with my stats. I think you would score fully on the Liverpool interview criteria and providing your work experience is good, then you would stand a chance with Keele.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Keele needs an A* prediction, also did you get a place? I'm slightly worried my stats aren't good enough, thank you!!!
Reply 3
Original post by k8trees
Keele needs an A* prediction, also did you get a place? I'm slightly worried my stats aren't good enough, thank you!!!

This is a new requirement for Keele, so most candidates from previous years wouldn't have needed the A* prediction. You do need it this year
Original post by k8trees

No I didn't do too well at my interview as it was pretty much my first interview for anything ever so I ended up rejected form keele. They did give me some really useful feedback so I went to my Liverpool interview more prepared and managed to get a place there. If I was you And as worried as you are would work hard this year and try to get an A* in at least one subject then either try and get a place on results day by phoning different places or wait until next year and apply with known grades. There's nothing stopping you from doing anything right now. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
No I didn't do too well at my interview as it was pretty much my first interview for anything ever so I ended up rejected form keele. They did give me some really useful feedback so I went to my Liverpool interview more prepared and managed to get a place there. If I was you And as worried as you are would work hard this year and try to get an A* in at least one subject then either try and get a place on results day by phoning different places or wait until next year and apply with known grades. There's nothing stopping you from doing anything right now. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

sounds good and reassuring that you got a place! liverpool ukcat is looking slightly high in the past years, i think i would just be making the cut, could i ask what year you applied and what your ukcat score was???
Original post by k8trees
sounds good and reassuring that you got a place! liverpool ukcat is looking slightly high in the past years, i think i would just be making the cut, could i ask what year you applied and what your ukcat score was???

Hi. Liverpool didn't even use the UKCAT until last year so it didn't even have a cutoff for everyone. I know someone who had a 620 average who got interviewed last year. I got 640 average with band 1 situational judgment. The year I applied was 2015 for 2016 entry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Hi. Liverpool didn't even use the UKCAT until last year so it didn't even have a cutoff for everyone. I know someone who had a 620 average who got interviewed last year. I got 640 average with band 1 situational judgment. The year I applied was 2015 for 2016 entry

Posted from TSR Mobile

okay thank you!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending