The Student Room Group

Physics from home

Hi all,

I am third year law student looking to self-learn/be tutored to get physics and math a-levels. Maths is easy as I can sit the exams at a local school, but physics has practical requirements which I understand present a big challenge to students wanting to take an a-level again.

Does anyone know of any ways to get around this? Is there an exam board without a mandatory practical element? Or is there another work around?

Does anyone know if it's possible to self study a Access to HE/Foundation course as well and sit the exams somewhere? This would be easier than 2 a levels after all

Many thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by ConfusedLlb
Hi all,

I am third year law student looking to self-learn/be tutored to get physics and math a-levels. Maths is easy as I can sit the exams at a local school, but physics has practical requirements which I understand present a big challenge to students wanting to take an a-level again.

Does anyone know of any ways to get around this? Is there an exam board without a mandatory practical element? Or is there another work around?

Does anyone know if it's possible to self study a Access to HE/Foundation course as well and sit the exams somewhere? This would be easier than 2 a levels after all

Many thanks.

Try IAL physics . Units 3 and 6 are not held in a lab , they're externally assessed .
Reply 2
Original post by Vesniep
Try IAL physics . Units 3 and 6 are not held in a lab , they're externally assessed .

Thank you for your quick reply. unfortunately the IAL isn't offered to UK students.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by ConfusedLlb
Thank you for your quick reply. unfortunately the IAL isn't offered to UK students.

Yes i just found it as well.
International students can sit GCE or IAL but british can only sit IAL.
Anyway sorry for the misinformation .

Quick Reply

Latest