The Student Room Group

Gcse cie english remark help

Hi,

So basically I got a D (59) marks whereas I needed 60 marks. Is it worth for me remarking it? If yes I checked the website how do you enquier for a remark?
Reply 1
Re-marks are TOUGH this year. Exam boards have tightened their guidelines so that only actual mistakes (rather than a difference in opinion) result in a change of marks. Having said that it's unlikely you would go down a grade, even if you lost a few marks so possibly yes. Speak to your teacher first and then your exams officer.
Remark
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rosie_xxxoo
Hi,

So basically I got a D (59) marks whereas I needed 60 marks. Is it worth for me remarking it? If yes I checked the website how do you enquier for a remark?

Deffo go for remark, this can only be done through your school , the cost is £40 but will be refunded if your mark goes up. The most likely result is that it stays the same but worth a try as you are so near.

Good luck
Hi,

Remark, my son needed 1 mark to go up to a C, he got 11!
Hi,

I'm looking for the same thing however I did the same board and paper but I got 34 points with a D ?
I think the marks was far apart
Original post by cakemaker
Remark, my son needed 1 mark to go up to a C, he got 11!

Was that this year?
Reply 7
Original post by Mapleservers
I'm looking for the same thing however I did the same board and paper but I got 34 points with a D ?
I think the marks was far apart

Those 'points' are not marks. They're points issued by your school for each grade (any D grade is worth 34) and are used to calculate your progress. You need to ask your school for your marks.

Quick Reply

Latest