The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lord Samosa
Struggling to stay consistent with praying 5 times a day, I hate when my imaan fluctuates like this. 😕 Although considering taking some Islamic courses to get a better understanding of islam.

When imaan fluctuates, I find that 3 things are beneficial to pursue:

- learning about the Qur'an, listening to it and reading it

- learning about salaah and reflecting on the deeper meanings of it and the relevance of each stage on your relationship with your Rabb

- listening to short reminders - good YT channels are TheMercifulServant, TheDailyReminder, HalalSheikh, etc.

:h:
[video]https://youtu.be/ayOW0Ghs7JE[/video]
[video]https://youtu.be/M4cs_32Tkbw[/video]
Do any of you know what happened to OGGUS? He's a good friend of mine, but I haven't been able to contact him via TSR or social media for over a week! :frown:
Original post by TelAviv
Do any of you know what happened to OGGUS? He's a good friend of mine, but I haven't been able to contact him via TSR or social media for over a week! :frown:

I'm afraid not, he's not someone I've conversed with much. I hope he's ok :smile:

I recently came across a nasheed with the line:

جمال الوجود بذكر الإله
It's a beautiful phrase that means "the beauty of existence is in remembering the Lord". It sort of stuck in my mind and I spent some moments pondering over it. What follows below is a discussion of my thoughts from reflecting on the phrase.

The word جمال being used for 'beauty' has connotations of objective beauty - in the sense that this beauty is there, despite the fact that some may not know this or may not wish to accept it, it is in reality undeniable to those who know due to its very essence, it's very composition is aesthetic.

We will come back to the word* الوجود later.

Regarding بذكر الإله , this signifies the mention and remembrance of the One God, the Only God, the Only One who is ultimately turned to when all else fall short, the One who is turned to when no other means or no other way can be seen or pursued, the Only One capable of removing every difficulty and subjecting every situation and difficulty to the enforcement of His irrevocable will. This mention is not merely of the heart, rather it is also of the heart and mind. It is not merely a mention whereby the body calls out to Him, rather it is a mention where the soul is calling out to Him eagerly too. It is not a dry, physical mention of Him, rather it is a wholehearted and emotional call to Him. It is not a momentary thought of Him which fades as quickly as it arose, rather it is a constant remembrance of Him through His attributes and His creation.

Going back to الوجود , this does not claim all of the above for merely one's own existence, rather it applies this concept to the whole of existence. Thus, it not only makes one ponder over the beauty of His remembrance and His rahmah to oneself, rather it also makes one consider that of the whole of creation. This further emphasises the objectiveness of it and makes one consider the relation of the Creator to the universe as whole.
Original post by TelAviv

i'm sure your friends over at the mossad headquarters would be able to track him :tongue:
Such a beautiful recitation

[video="youtube;sIzPxTxIX8U"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIzPxTxIX8U[/video]
Reply 2048
Original post by TelAviv

Ok I just realised he didn't say that he was fine but I guess he was...this was like more than a week ago actually...so not sure about now...hope he is ok.
Original post by Lord Samosa
Struggling to stay consistent with praying 5 times a day, I hate when my imaan fluctuates like this. 😕 Although considering taking some Islamic courses to get a better understanding of islam.

Reading prayers early helps me. I noticed the more I used to delay, the harder it became to pray.

What courses you looking into?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Biryani007
Salaam guys,
Hope you're all well!
Please make dua for my dad, he's having a lot of issues with his health lately...he wanted to take me and my sisters for umrah at the end of this year but he may not be able to do so because of his condition (the doctors wont allow him to leave the country as it could require emergency surgery if it flares up, which they say it could do at any time)...We were all looking forward to go :cry2:

Wa'alaykumasalaam.

May Allah grant your dad shifa. I know it's disappointed atm but you'll get opportunities in future insha'Allah.

How is your book reading going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Salam alaykum,

Been a long time since I last came on here, how are you all? And your studies? In sha Allah you're all in the best of health and iman.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SisterXI
Salam alaykum,

Been a long time since I last came on here, how are you all? And your studies? In sha Allah you're all in the best of health and iman.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wasalam, welcome back :smile:
How are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2054
Salam alaykum,

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wa'alaikum Assalaam :smile:
Alhamdulillah, wa iyyaki :h:
Original post by HAnwar
Wasalam, welcome back :smile:
How are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alhamdulilah im good, how are you sis? Whats new with the ISOC..
Alhamdulilah im good, how are you sis? Whats new with the ISOC..

I'm ok JZK.
Not much really, it's been quite quiet since Ramadan ended.

Posted from TSR Mobile
وَإِن تَدْعُوهُمْ إِلَى الْهُدَىٰ لَا يَسْمَعُوا وَتَرَاهُمْ يَنظُرُونَ إِلَيْكَ وَهُمْ لَا يُبْصِرُونَ
And if you invite them to guidance, they do not hear; and you see them looking towards you, yet they do not see.

خُذِ الْعَفْوَ وَأْمُرْ بِالْعُرْفِ وَأَعْرِضْ عَنِ الْجَاهِلِينَ
Take to forgiveness and enjoin good and turn aside from the ignorant.

[Surah al-A'raaf, ayaat 198-199]
Reply 2058
I really to want to be a child again :frown: It scares me sometimes as time flies by without even realising.
It is narrated in Saheeh Muslim, on the authority of Jabir bin Abdullah رضي الله عنه , that the Prophet said:

"There is a remedy for every malady, and when the remedy is applied to the disease it is cured with the Permission of Allah, the Exalted and Glorious."

Latest

Trending

Trending