The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Typical offer for Economics

The typical offer/entry requirements for Economics at Uni of Nottingham are A*AA/AAA - I was wondering whether anyone knows which of these grade combinations tends to be the most common offer given to successful applicants? I always assumed it was roughly a 50:50 split but thought I would ask out of curiosity and because I am definitely applying for Economics here and it would most likely be my top realistic choice (ideal one is Warwick but I appreciate how competitive Economics there is).

Thanks if you can help :smile:
Reply 1
Bump. Is this in the right section, or would it be better in the Economics section?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Most at RG are A*AA - AAA
Original post by joddcfc
The typical offer/entry requirements for Economics at Uni of Nottingham are A*AA/AAA - I was wondering whether anyone knows which of these grade combinations tends to be the most common offer given to successful applicants? I always assumed it was roughly a 50:50 split but thought I would ask out of curiosity and because I am definitely applying for Economics here and it would most likely be my top realistic choice (ideal one is Warwick but I appreciate how competitive Economics there is).

Thanks if you can help :smile:

They tend to give out A*AA, but they were in clearing this year with AAA if I remember correctly. I imagine that if you miss the A*AA and get AAA you still probably stand a solid chance of getting in. In general, though, the grades that unis want for economics tend to be A*AA.
AAA and they will take you in most cases, albeit the offer may be A*AA. (A in maths is essential) if you get AAB and the B is in maths, you are in a bad position. If the B is in something else (unrelated subject) you will be in a stronger position to get in.
Reply 5
Thanks for the replies people :smile:
I got an offer of AAA this year for econ and econometrics, although i did pick up further maths as in my second year which was probably why they gave me a lower offer.
Reply 7
Original post by Crozzer24
I got an offer of AAA this year for econ and econometrics, although i did pick up further maths as in my second year which was probably why they gave me a lower offer.

So you ended up with 3 A2s, and 2 AS (one dropped at the end of year 12 and FM that you picked up in year 13) I'm guessing?

Quick Reply

Latest