The Student Room Group

Dental Hygiene and Therapy 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Shainalaw
I also have an interview for kings!

Posted from TSR Mobile

well done :smile:
Does anyone know what the interview for the orthodontic therapy course is like?
Original post by EvieEve
Hi everyone.
I have a national diploma in dental nursing, 3.5 years of nursing experience and A levels in Maths and English (both A's) and lots of relevant gcse's (A's and B's).
I didn't get a place this year so I'm thinking about doing an access course. Would anyone recommend one? Are they all full time and 9k per year? And can you get a student loan to cover that? Any info would be appreciated. Thank you

HiMy access course was in the evenings two nights a week. Mine was only partially funded because I have done a level 3 before. I ended up forking out about £800. However I am under 24 so didn't have to get a 'over 24 loan' to do it.
Reply 23
how do people have interviews? i havent applied yet.....
Original post by SohaXO
how do people have interviews? i havent applied yet.....

Some Universitys want you to apply direct as opposed to through UCAS. Some may have different opening and closing dates to UCAS which is September through to January.
Original post by EvieEve
Hey
I've applied to Liverpool last year and got as far as interview but didn't get the place.
So applying to Sheffield next. I went for an open day today and I've been told that math is not a science subject. So I'm quite confused now. Liverpool had the same requirements (2 A levels, one in science subject, preferably biology) and they had no problem with my math A level.
I'm very concerned now. Anyone else in the same situation?

I'm applying to Sheffield too. You need your Dental Nursing, A minimum of 5 GCSE passes at grade C or above to include Mathematics, English Language and a Science subject. As well as two post Certs.

Hope this helps.
I am applying for Liverpool when applications open on 5th September!*

I am currently going into my 3rd year of a biochemistry degree, hoping to come out with a 2:1.

Got my a levels of BCC in biology, chemistry and spanish along with 1 A*, 7As and 3 Bs at GCSE.

Done about 50 hours shadowing a dental hygienist but hope to get more in the coming weeks.

Starting to stress now because I keep hearing how competitive it is to get in!!!! :K::K:*
Reply 27
Original post by Ceilidoll
I have an interview for Kings on the 5th September and they have asked me to bring something I have made or developed??? :/

hey! mines on the 7th. do u know what ur gonna take yet? x
Original post by Rissyz
hey! mines on the 7th. do u know what ur gonna take yet? x

Aww my friend has one on the 7th too! Well I make crochet chokers, something i do just for fun so i think i may take one of those lol. I dont know what they would want us to bring xx
Reply 29
Aww my friend has one on the 7th too! Well I make crochet chokers, something i do just for fun so i think i may take one of those lol. I dont know what they would want us to bring xx

Ill let you know how it goes! Did you just apply for kings only? Ah thats very unique!! Im sure they will like something as crafty as that. Im very unartistic so am struggling a biy haha x
Reply 30
I have an interview for Kings on the 5th September and they have asked me to bring something I have made or developed??? :/

hey I have mine on the 8th! Good luck just bring something that shows your personality and also skill as they want to see some manual dexterity. Do you have any idea what sort of questions will come up trying to prep for interview and am completely stuck :/ x
Reply 31
Original post by Shainalaw
I also have an interview for kings!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What days your interview :smile:
Reply 32
Hiii, im taking a gap year and looking to apply for DHT.

Wheres everyone applying?
Reply 33
does anyone know when the interview results would be available from Kings?
Original post by alka102
does anyone know when the interview results would be available from Kings?

They said hopefully by the 16th x
Reply 35
They said hopefully by the 16th x

awesome! thanks! have you had your interview? x
Reply 36
Original post by Rissyz

thank you, How was the interview?

I wish they could tell straight away if we got in or not...
Reply 37
Original post by alka102
thank you, How was the interview?

I wish they could tell straight away if we got in or not...

whens yours? mines 4pm today- so nervous! x
Original post by Rissyz

No worries. Yeah i had mine on monday at 11. Have you had yours?xx
Reply 39
how was it? mines in 2 hours! should i be afraid? x

Quick Reply

Latest