The Student Room Group

Hospital pharmacy Pre-registration Applications (Pharmalife) 2017/2018

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by Jin3011
Eyo guys! Let me know if you want me to send you a file of common pre-reg interview questions to go over. Helped me prep for my interviews. Best wishes!

Yes please!
Original post by RPaul
Omg really? That makes me feel so much better! When did you ring them up? And how do you go about withdrawing?*

Gave them a call before I accepted the offer. They said just let them know, they'll probably want it in writing. If you do decide to withdraw then call up their HR they'll tell you how to go about it.

Got 3/4 rejections now so Boots for me is looking increasingly likely! Must have botched up the application big time, I thought three years community experience would have at least counted for something. Good luck to everybody else! Here's hoping for a more successful second round..
Goood luck to everyone with the assessment today!!

How have people found it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mahvee
Anybody heard from hospitals in manchester??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothing yet and I'm desperate. 2 rejections so far 😥
has anybody heard from Addenbrooke's?
Reply 425
Has anyone heard from Colchester or Mid essex?
Manchester rejection. 3/4 rejections
Anybody heard from Great Ormond Street? :smile:
Please be honest. If I have 3 rejections does it mean that I messed up somewhere or they just don't like my answers? I'm waiting on GOSH but is there any chance they'll want me?
Original post by Lysipud
Anybody heard from Great Ormond Street? :smile:

No it with 3 rejections I'm not too hopeful. Have you had any offers? X
Original post by MeredithGrey13
No it with 3 rejections I'm not too hopeful. Have you had any offers? X

Rejected from watford, on the reserve list for mount vernon then waiting for London collab and great ormond street. Not feeling to positive though lol!*
Please be honest. If I have 3 rejections does it mean that I messed up somewhere or they just don't like my answers? I'm waiting on GOSH but is there any chance they'll want me?

Did you send the exact same profile to all hospitals or did you make Q5 specific to each individual hospital? It's really hard to tell, it could just be how competitive the hospitals are. It's unfortunate that hospitals can't give feedback to applicants.
Original post by Lauren94xo
Did you send the exact same profile to all hospitals or did you make Q5 specific to each individual hospital? It's really hard to tell, it could just be how competitive the hospitals are. It's unfortunate that hospitals can't give feedback to applicants.

Thank you for your reply. Hmm it was generally similar but I did adapt q5 a little bit to make it specific. Feel so defeated right now. 😢
Thank you for your reply. Hmm it was generally similar but I did adapt q5 a little bit to make it specific. Feel so defeated right now. 😢

I got 4 rejections now I feel exactly the same. I hope it's good news for your last hospital. If not, there's always round two. Trying to think of this as a learning curve.
Original post by daniyul_
I got 4 rejections now I feel exactly the same. I hope it's good news for your last hospital. If not, there's always round two. Trying to think of this as a learning curve.

Ah sorry man. What a nightmare. Really want to know what hospitals are in round 2! Also I'm not sure how do redo my application because it's clearly awful but I thought it was okay 🙈
Ah sorry man. What a nightmare. Really want to know what hospitals are in round 2! Also I'm not sure how do redo my application because it's clearly awful but I thought it was okay 🙈

Yeah I know how you feel. If it doesn't work out make an appointment with the careers advisor at your your uni and see if they can go over it with you. No doubt they'll have seen successful applications and have a good idea what they're looking for. Just a thought!
Reply 436

Did you get a hospital pre reg to read it? Your friends to critique it? You tutor? Careers advisor? It's important to get feedback from other people and get a different perspective on the profite answers you've given. Did you use STAR (situation-task-action-result) when you compiled a profile answer? Did you specifically mention the things in the person spec and give examples of how you have demonstrated attention to detail or team work or whatever?
Reply 437
Any replies from Welsh hosps yet?
Original post by Teaaa09
Any replies from Welsh hosps yet?

I have an interview for ABMU but no reply from anywhere else!
Reply 439
Original post by Lauren94xo
I have an interview for ABMU but no reply from anywhere else!

Oh that's great, well done! I've applied there too but haven't heard anything from anyone.

Quick Reply

Latest