The Student Room Group

Number of migrants claiming benefits in Germany surged by 169 percent from 2014-2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by alevelstresss
joke around all you want, but we both know its because you can't defend a discriminatory argument on the basis that less than 1% of those you're discriminating actually deserve it

Any relation to @lolatmaths ?
Original post by IYGB
Any relation to @lolatmaths ?

nope, i'm not/didn't consider a MORSE/economics degree
Original post by Mathemagicien
You are full of ad-hominems; are the statistics correct or not?

Same here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4302672&p=67437732#post67437732 The source is the Austrian Ministry of the Interior, which isn't good enough for our A-level history? student.

I didn't do A-level history and I finished A2s, so your little whinge about ad-hominem can be thrown right back at you.

And I have no reason to wonder why you're so hateful towards immigrants when you've got no concept of source bias, I bet you believe every word of the daily mail and co.
Reply 23
That's Germany choice they are a rich country and they can afford to look after the refugees. However, if it was the UK who was spending so much on refugees then I would be expecting an uprising because there are so many homeless and people relying on food banks
Original post by PTMalewski
Very little people realize this actually.
Murdering people for drawing some caricatures is much simplier case, than political (failed) agendas.

The westerners don't know what are they supporting. The muslims probably do, murder for opinion is far simplier to recognize.

Oh I see- your excuse is ignorance. Much intelligence, Wow.

The Westerners know exactly what they are supporting. Western funding of terrorism in the Muslim world as well regime change in favour of brutal dictators has been an ongoing and open policy since the end of WW2.

Being dumb isn't an excuse for mass murder, colonialism and exploitation.

Yes, religion plays a role but the primary reason for the rise of Islamic extremism is Western foreign policy.
Original post by Jee1
That's Germany choice they are a rich country and they can afford to look after the refugees. However, if it was the UK who was spending so much on refugees then I would be expecting an uprising because there are so many homeless and people relying on food banks

So it's Britain's responsibility to be the US's dog and help ruin countries around the world but when it comes to taking responsibility for their crimes, oh no! We have too many "poor" people to take in a few thousand more.
Original post by Inzamam99
the primary reason for the rise of Islamic extremism is Western foreign policy.

You are claiming that the main reason Moslems are using literal interpretations of the Koran (or, in fact, returning to Mohammedan intentions) is that some politicians in the west are forcing or encouraging them to make those interpretations. There is no sense or logic in that. Have you any evidence for that claim?

If western foreign policy changed, are you claiming that these people would somehow be persuaded that their interpretations are incorrect and they would revert to more popular interpretations?
So it's Britain's responsibility to be the US's dog and help ruin countries around the world but when it comes to taking responsibility for their crimes, oh no! We have too many "poor" people to take in a few thousand more.

You do realise that the situation in Syria is caused by a spontaneous insurrection by Moslems against an oppressive regime? Where do you stand? Perhaps you would prefer your Moslem brothers to knuckle down and continue putting up with the Assads.
Oh I see- your excuse is ignorance. Much intelligence, Wow.

The Westerners know exactly what they are supporting.

Of course they don't. Otherwise political campaigns would look differently, as well as most of political statements on foreign policy.
You know whats going on, I know whats going on, but average voter doesn't.

Being dumb isn't an excuse for mass murder, colonialism and exploitation.

Sure it isn't. But I bet you would feel much safer having dinner with some dumb blondie, or some nice idiot Jeff who thinks that all America wants is freedom for people around the world, than while meeting a muslim who feels sympathy towards guys who shot a group of people, only because they had draw a caricature of some person who lived in medieval times, had not very best morality for modern standards and the story says that this person flew to heaven on flying horse.

You inisist on claiming that ignorance is the same as sympathy to people who murder others because they have different opinion, and morover, those murderer's opinions lack any evidence to support it.
Sorry, I don't agree with it, and don't jump on my intelligence if you don't wish me to jump on yours.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by alevelstresss
assuming that the far-right source is correct and hasn't pulled any more strings to promote its hateful agenda, but I wouldn't expect you to understand, your interpretation of media bias and source reliability is pretty weak, you had the same issue with the FPO yesterday

Even the far right sources can be right on something, right? If the Daily Mail reported smoking increases lung cancer, I'm not going to see it as my duty as a liberal to begin chain smoking.

And even if Breitbart was posting pure unrefined BS, what about the Reuters article, are they far right too? No, but you immediately jumped to accusing the OP of making out immigrants and Muslims to be criminals.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Good bloke
You do realise that the situation in Syria is caused by a spontaneous insurrection by Moslems against an oppressive regime? Where do you stand? Perhaps you would prefer your Moslem brothers to knuckle down and continue putting up with the Assads.

No.

I was referring to the rise of Sunni extremism in Iraq- fuelled by the American funding of genocidal Shia militias, the complete dismemberment of the Iraqi army after the fall of Saddam Hussain and of course the actual invasion.
Original post by PTMalewski
Of course they don't. Otherwise political campaigns would look differently, as well as most of political statements on foreign policy.
You know whats going on, I know whats going on, but average voter doesn't.

Sure it isn't. But I bet you would feel much safer having dinner with some dumb blondie, or some nice idiot Jeff who thinks that all America wants is freedom for people around the world, than while meeting a muslim who feels sympathy towards guys who shot a group of people, only because they had draw a caricature of some person who lived in medieval times, had not very best morality for modern standards and the story says that this person flew to heaven on flying horse.

You inisist on claiming that ignorance is the same as sympathy to people who murder others because they have different opinion, and morover, those murderer's opinions lack any evidence to support it.
Sorry, I don't agree with it, and don't jump on my intelligence if you don't wish me to jump on yours.

Why do you think the Muslim world has gone from being generally secular 40 years ago to being more and more Islamist/radical?
Why do you think the Muslim world has gone from being generally secular 40 years ago to being more and more Islamist/radical?

Do I get a cookie if I give a nice answer?

Western foreign policy, 100%!
You are claiming that the main reason Moslems are using literal interpretations of the Koran (or, in fact, returning to Mohammedan intentions) is that some politicians in the west are forcing or encouraging them to make those interpretations. There is no sense or logic in that. Have you any evidence for that claim?

If western foreign policy changed, are you claiming that these people would somehow be persuaded that their interpretations are incorrect and they would revert to more popular interpretations?

The War in Terror begins = huge rise in terrorism.
Invasion of Iraq = another rise in terrorism.
Drone attacks = same result
Overthrowing of Gaddafi = same
Funding of Syrian FA and more fundamentalist groups = same result,

But you're right. Western foreign policy, mass murder, colonialism and exploitation does nothing to disillusion people and lead them into the arms of Wahabbis and other filth :smile:
Original post by MasterJack
Do I get a cookie if I give a nice answer?

Western foreign policy, 100%!

Why not give an intellectual one instead of avoiding it because you don't have a clue
Wow it's almost as if people arriving from a war-stricken area need financial help, how surprising.
No.

I was referring to the rise of Sunni extremism in Iraq- fuelled by the American funding of genocidal Shia militias, the complete dismemberment of the Iraqi army after the fall of Saddam Hussain and of course the actual invasion.

Ha! Those Syrian refugees that are flooding into Europe.

IS, of course, traces its origins all the way back to Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad in 1999 in Jordan - nothing to do with Irag or the USA. It is just a bunch of particularly successful opportunistic Salafist militants with a mission to rule the world.

You forget to mention how their Koranic interpretations will change if the US changes its foreign policy. Perhaps there is a reason for that.

It would be a bit time consuming to explain. I advice you to study what exactly did happen in Iran for starters, and after that to study other countries.
Also add to that Islam was in a middle of crisis during colonial era, that ended after WWII. It has far better environment now, when inidels are not dominating the world so obviously, and when political goals can be achieved on own ground.

No.

You're right on the fact that US is trying to use local conflics for own interest's, but this isn't an only reason.
Husseing is a good example too. Although relatively secular, he prescribed Quran with own blood. Religions plays very important role in that part of the world and muslims are divided. There are other problems, such as local oligarchies etc.
(edited 7 years ago)
Ha! Those Syrian refugees that are flooding into Europe.

IS, of course, traces its origins all the way back to Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad in 1999 in Jordan - nothing to do with Irag or the USA. It is just a bunch of particularly successful opportunistic Salafist militants with a mission to rule the world.

You forget to mention how their Koranic interpretations will change if the US changes its foreign policy. Perhaps there is a reason for that.

Wow.

This forum genuinely is the Nazi Room. I suggest we put badges on all the Muslims to identify them and put them into Ghettos to keep the general population safe.

Sieg HEIL
d lead them into the arms of Wahabbis and other filth

You are calling Moslems filth.

What leads people into their arms is a predisposition to believe superstitious nonsense about gods.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending