Scroll to see replies

Original post by meridian0
true :lol:

Meant KCL the first time LOL
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Mathlete2198
Thanks! My friend just missed his KCL offer (AAC instead of AAB) and they rejected him... So I guess they don't take everyone :/

I keep reading really bad things about it too but whenever a stranger hear's I'm going there they congratulate me so i'm so torn inside! :/

As a counter point, I would just like to add that my friend applied with CDEE and got an offer from an ABB course. C and D being in maths and further maths. Leniency varies massively.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Vividly clear
If KCL is the Uni of UCL rejects then UCL is the Uni of Cambridge rejects.

UCL is usually for Imperial rejects or people who wanted to leave london tbh. Cambridge rejects=Warwick and Durham.
*Crying* Suppose it's the truth. I didn't even want to go to UCL, I wanted to go to Imperial But my interview was horrendous. Guess everything happens for a reason.

youre scaring me ... Im predicted 4A*s and im hoping to go to Imperial Uni..everyones told me that imperial isnt THAT hard to get into and even the interviews are pretty chill.... YOURE SCARING ME MAN
Original post by Someboady
youre scaring me ... Im predicted 4A*s and im hoping to go to Imperial Uni..everyones told me that imperial isnt THAT hard to get into and even the interviews are pretty chill.... YOURE SCARING ME MAN

lol don't be retarded

if you get into imperial, you go. End of.
Original post by BabyLadDarren
lol don't be retarded

if you get into imperial, you go. End of.

LOL, That was funny
Original post by pairofjeans
UCL is usually for Imperial rejects or people who wanted to leave london tbh. Cambridge rejects=Warwick and Durham.

Warwick students aren't bright enough to be Cambridge rejects tbh
Original post by Someboady

it really depends. I know about 10 people (including me) who applied to Imperial with at least 1 A* in their predictions. Of that 3 people didn't get an interview. The rest of us who did get interviews, for most it went well. Of the 7 who had interviews, only 4 got offers. Three of them picked Imperial as their firm (the other preferred UCL). Of the 3 only one actually made his offer (it was A*AA but he got 4A*s anyway!)

So really it depends, i was one of the last to have an interview and had hoped that I would get an offer, but I guess my interview was really that bad!

But I don't regret trying, imperial is an amazing university and I was blessed just to get an interview!
(edited 7 years ago)
No prizes for getting a rejected interview at Imperial.
No prizes for getting into KCL. :tongue:

Where did I say there was?
Well I know I was saying in a thread the other day that KCL is not that good, and I think it is not as good as Oxbridge or Imperial BUT KCL is better than a lot of unis in this country. You shouldn't feel down and think it isn't good. It IS good and certainly good enough. Try to get a first and some work experience, then your future should be sorted.
Warwick students aren't bright enough to be Cambridge rejects tbh

i really don't understand why people look down on Warwick this much?! My friend missed her Oxford offer and insured Warwick... also, I know about a lot of people who applied to Oxbridge and Warwick, and got rejected by Oxbridge and went to Warwick o.O
I was trying to point out your comment was not nice.

I'm sorry but the Prince of all Saiyans, says what he wants and he doesn't care if people like it or not.
Original post by lawlieto
i really don't understand why people look down on Warwick this much?! My friend missed her Oxford offer and insured Warwick... also, I know about a lot of people who applied to Oxbridge and Warwick, and got rejected by Oxbridge and went to Warwick o.O

It's not the University, it's the people who go there and how they hail their University as if it's on par with Harvard and Cambridge.

I remember one time where one user had the nerve to claim that they stood an equal chance to get a banking job along with an LSE and Oxbridge graduate as they are all seen as equal in the eyes of employers because they are "target" unis.

Absolute tripe
It's not the University, it's the people who go there and how they hail their University as if it's on par with Harvard and Cambridge.

I remember one time where one user had the nerve to claim that they stood an equal chance to get a banking job along with an LSE and Oxbridge graduate as they are all seen as equal in the eyes of employers because they are "target" unis.

Absolute tripe

I think people only big up Warwick so much because it's a reaction against how much people bash it on here.

And they probably do have a pretty equal chance.
Original post by Abstract_Prism
I think people only big up Warwick so much because it's a reaction against how much people bash it on here.

And they probably do have a pretty equal chance.

In their dreams maybe.

Warwick, LOL
it really depends. I know about 10 people (including me) who applied to Imperial with at least 1 A* in their predictions. Of that 3 people didn't get an interview. The rest of us who did get interviews, for most it went well. Of the 7 who had interviews, only 4 got offers. Three of them picked Imperial as their firm (the other preferred UCL). Of the 3 only one actually made his offer (it was A*AA but he got 4A*s anyway!)

So really it depends, i was one of the last to have an interview and had hoped that I would get an offer, but I guess my interview was really that bad!

But I don't regret trying, imperial is an amazing university and I was blessed just to get an interview!

:O wow... imperial is pretty competitive then damn... idk about my university choices tbh..
What exactly did they ask you at your interview?
In their dreams maybe.

Warwick, LOL

@Princepieman Does Warwick have a roughly equal chance in IB as Oxbridge/LSE?
Original post by Abstract_Prism
@Princepieman Does Warwick have a roughly equal chance in IB as Oxbridge/LSE?

Why are you asking him?

Since when did the opinion of some guy that repeated his exams become the final judge on questions?
Why are you asking him?

Since when did the opinion of some guy that repeated his exams become the final judge on questions?

Princepieman is the King of IB 'round these parts.

Quick Reply

Latest