The Student Room Group

Students not Wearing thier ID Passes :p

Soooooo..... College started yesterday..

We were given a talk (similar to an assembly) and they highlighted the importance of Students to wear their ID Badge at ALL times. "Better get used to wearing it" they said "if you don't you'll get stopped about 30 times down the corridor". :smile:

Coming in to College this morning it was like Passport Control at the Airport. There were at least two members of Staff in the corridor, checking to see if anyone wasn't wearing their College ID, and alough most Students were wearing it there were quite a few that weren't... :biggrin:

Was funny seeing them get caught :tongue:

They were there at lunchtime as well.. Luckily I've not forgot mine but it's early days yet....There's a girl in my class who keeps taking her's off... Tutor keeps reminding her to keep it on but she just can't be bothered :tongue: I know it can feel a bit uncomfortable wearing a badge round your neck but I think I've got used to it now. Also, if I'm wearing a hoodie, I tend to put the badge underneath so that it doesn't flap about as I walk.

Think I might deliberately keep mine off tomorrow and see if I get caught without it.... If I do get stopped, I can say "I was just testing you". :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

We had to but no one ever actually wore theirs. Only time I was ever asked for it was when I went to an evening class for the first time.*
Reply 2
i always put mine in a pocket with the lanyard thing hanging out so they knew i had it but it wasnt annoying
I'm that person who hides behind someone so I don't get caught. :colone:
Why is it even a big deal
Who actually WANTS to go to college :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by I am Kira
Why is it even a big deal Who actually WANTS to go to college :biggrin:Posted from TSR Mobile
I DO!
Yeah they are annoying, lol! It has to be around your neck at all times. People have it in their hands and get told they must have it around their neck!
Is this a new thing?
Reminds me of when they introduced them in my school. Everybody was outraged at first and protested but after a year or so the school won the war of attrition.
Original post by Dodgypirate
Is this a new thing?

Don't listen to that idiot, it's more to do with the fact some colleges used to have issues with friends of students turning up on campus and causing trouble.

My old college still doesn't use ID despite having an electronic pass that you need to use to get into the building. The college next to my old uni however was extremely strict with ID's.... although they would let us in to buy coffee xD
trusss, i have to wear mine at all times, smh the dumb thing is that if you forget to bring your ID card they'll make you wear a tshirt saying "i forgot my ID card" loooooooool
Reply 11
When I first started going to my college they were a bit more relaxed about student badges; you had to wear them, but if you forgot it, it didn't really matter you just wrote your name down and got a sticker from reception. Now, they have security guards everywhere and you're sent home if you don't have it. My college is directly next to a train station and we've been evacuated several times in the past year because of bomb scares in both the college and the train station.
I had to wear one for 7 years, all through school, with a bright pink lanyard (my least favourite colour). Forget it, and you can't even get through the doors without someone else. Lots of fun! I was probably one of the few who actually wore it and didn't care too much how silly it looked haha.
Just finished my college years, was one of those who used to wear it everyday and the only day I happened to forget it was on one of my exams !
I remember at my sixth form college you had to press your ID card on the reader to get in the building as there are barriers (pretty much like using your oyster card on the tube). If you forgot it the security guards wouldn't let you in even if they recognise you.

I can still remmeber a girl asking 'even if you greet the security guard everyday can they not let you through' and my tutor said no. No ID, no entry - you literally had to rush home to get it. if you lived a distance your ID is the most important thing (You can miss you lesson by the time you arrive home to pick it up). Luckily enough I always had my ID at hand, I only had one small encounter, but that was only about 2 min away from my house.

There was a guy who lived about an hour away from sixth form, whenever he realised he forgot his ID he would just go home.
i start on monday, i have my ID card but we haven't been given lanyards and i doubt we will be
Original post by CollegeStudent99
Soooooo..... College started yesterday...
We were given a talk (similar to an assembly) and they highlighted the importance of Students to wear their ID Badge at ALL times.
I know it can feel a bit uncomfortable wearing a badge round your neck but I think I've got used to it now.

I remember it all too well but the lanyard we got given were just awful to wear so people would hand them on their handbags or on a belt loop but I had neither
so what I did was by the end of the second week was gathered all but 2 of my watches (an ebel, 3 Guccis, a TW steel and a Longines and I kept the Rolex and the tag Heuer) up and sold them off and bought and hung the badge from a one ounce gold curb chain
Original post by jamesthehustler
I remember it all too well but the lanyard we got given were just awful to wear so people would hand them on their handbags or on a belt loop but I had neither
so what I did was by the end of the second week was gathered all but 2 of my watches (an ebel, 3 Guccis, a TW steel and a Longines and I kept the Rolex and the tag Heuer) up and sold them off and bought and hung the badge from a one ounce gold curb chain

R u Rich

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18

No, I think his name is James

Spoiler

Original post by UWS
No, I think his name is James

Spoiler

I knew someone was going to make a joke :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply