The Student Room Group

Additional AS subject in Y13

So I'm taking up AS further maths in Y13. Will unis include this as part of an offer for economics?

Tagging unis I'm applying to:-

Spoiler

Reply 1
Honestly I don't think they will care too much.
Either...
1.You like the subject so you will enjoy it anyway
2.You are only doing it for your uni application in which case consider not taking it
Reply 2
Original post by jamestg
So I'm taking up AS further maths in Y13. Will unis include this as part of an offer for economics?

Spoiler

None of those universities actually require further maths AS, but it will make your application far more competitive, as economics is very maths based at university. Especially for top universities like Durham. Have you considered applying for Oxbridge, most of these advise further maths AS at grade B. :h:
Original post by jamestg

Spoiler

Hi,

At Bath we would not include AS Further Maths as part of our Economics offer, but studying AS Further Maths will help to strengthen your application due to the Maths based nature of our course.

You can find more info on our our entry requirements for Economics in our e-prospectus, and if you are interested our next Open Day is on 17 September.

Steve

Quick Reply

Latest