The Student Room Group

Chinese airline warns passengers about London areas populated by Pakistanis & blacks

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Why shouldn't Air China consider the welfare of its consumers?
Reply 2
we need to be warned about these places too
Reply 3
Why don't they just state the names of the neighbourhoods instead of mentioning ethnicity/race? Tbh I don't see why a tourist would want to go to Brixton and Croydon anyway
Reply 4
Original post by The_Opinion
Nothing wrong with that, what they said is accurate. The Chinese don't have to put up with any PC crap and don't have filthy SJW's. Many Chinese are actually disappointed when they go to London, as they go to enjoy British culture and see white people, they leave having done neither.

Source?
Apparently white = British and black = non British
(edited 7 years ago)
Even if the Chinese company decided to use areas rather than ethnicities, critics would still call it racist.
:fuhrer:
objection.
Well...I agree
It's true
Nothing wrong with that, what they said is accurate. The Chinese don't have to put up with any PC crap and don't have filthy SJW's. Many Chinese are actually disappointed when they go to London, as they go to enjoy British culture and see white people, they leave having done neither.

very true.*

Saw it on BBC earlier and showed it to my chinese wife.. .she said who cares? Chinese tourists dont want to go to anywhere *****y/dangerous/risky/non-british.. They pay a ton of money (serriously expensive to visit england from china) so that they can see traditional britian.. they want the queen, downtown abbey, sherlock, british gentlemen, posh shops etc. - why would their airline not advise them on where not to go, so that they can avoid dissapointment.*

She also had the same reaction you mentioned, when she first came to england to study, she describes feeling like she had arrived in india, as it was not until she had travelled about a fair bit towards the university that she finally saw her first white person. I dont think she saw the england she had hoped to see/live in until I took her outside of london, to the southwest..*
Haha, yes it's quiet funny when you come across a country that put their own people first and don't worry about political correctness isn't it?
A bit tackless, perhaps they'd have been better saying stay out areas of highest crime and provided them with a map of London with all the various boroughs and their recorded crime rates.😌
Original post by Trapz99
Source?

Original post by fallen_acorns
very true.*

Saw it on BBC earlier and showed it to my chinese wife.. .she said who cares? Chinese tourists dont want to go to anywhere *****y/dangerous/risky/non-british.. They pay a ton of money (serriously expensive to visit england from china) so that they can see traditional britian.. they want the queen, downtown abbey, sherlock, british gentlemen, posh shops etc. - why would their airline not advise them on where not to go, so that they can avoid dissapointment.*

She also had the same reaction you mentioned, when she first came to england to study, she describes feeling like she had arrived in india, as it was not until she had travelled about a fair bit towards the university that she finally saw her first white person. I dont think she saw the england she had hoped to see/live in until I took her outside of london, to the southwest..*

The post by Fallen Acorns proves my point very well.
Well I'm of Indian descent and I'm very much British so I don't see why some people on this thread seem to think Indian, Pakistani, Black = non-British

SO white people are now extinct? They should put THAT in the news!!
Reply 14
Lol I can see why people will find an issue with this with it being a generalisation and all but you can't argue with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are people seriously being apologists and trying to justify blatant racism?

This forum depresses my hope for humanity.
Original post by biglad2k16
Well I'm of Indian descent and I'm very much British so I don't see why some people on this thread seem to think Indian, Pakistani, Black = non-British

in the eyes of the chinese - your not.*

Its harsh, but thats how the majority view it over here.. and this thread (+ the article) is about a chinese airline publication.

I mean, I live in china currently.. I could do so for the rest of my life, and on death, the majority of people here I know would still not consider me, or my decendants (unless half chinese) to be chinese.. meerly english people living in china.

The distinctions and balance between ethnicity/race/country/culture and the whole lot, are placed differently by different societies, which makes it hard to view publications like the one in the OP through the eyes of western culture, when they are from something very different ,*
Original post by alevelstresss
Are people seriously being apologists and trying to justify blatant racism?

This forum depresses my hope for humanity.

Exactly, a list of places to avoid would have sufficed instead they generalize using race and that's suddenly ok
That Labour MP who acted as though Air China had just committed a war crime is embarrassing. Although it isn't politically correct to say Black and other minority communities in London suffer abnormally high crime rates, it most certainly isn't "untrue" or "racist" to make such a statement because London crime demographics and policing data proves it's true. Nevertheless, maybe it would have been more responsible to say to avoid poor areas as oppose to one being occupied by a significant race group. But as you said, the Chinese don't pander to political correctness and they won't care.
Original post by jake4198
That Labour MP who acted as though Air China had just committed a war crime is embarrassing. Although it isn't politically correct to say Black and other minority communities in London suffer abnormally high crime rates, it most certainly isn't "untrue" or "racist" to make such a statement because London crime demographics and policing data proves it's true. Nevertheless, maybe it would have been more responsible to say to avoid poor areas as oppose to one being occupied by a significant race group. But as you said, the Chinese don't pander to political correctness and they won't care.

you people will make up the most annoying things to defend your crusade against political correctness.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending