The Student Room Group

Medicine application advice please help!

....//
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi, I'm an english applicant so don't know too much about highers but those look like really good scores! HYMS also look at UKCAT and SJT band as well if you want to check that out, but those are pretty good courses you've decided :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Irukandji5
Hi, I'm an english applicant so don't know too much about highers but those look like really good scores! HYMS also look at UKCAT and SJT band as well if you want to check that out, but those are pretty good courses you've decided :smile:

I will look into HYMS. Thanks for the advice :smile:
Original post by HT98
Hello,
I did my ukcat last week and got:
VR- 640
QA- 680
AR- 750
Average- 690
SJT- Band 1
My stats are:
S4; AAAAAAA ( National 5 Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Geography, Modern Studies, German, Acoounting) and a B in National 5 English
S5: AAAAB ( Higher Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Geography and a B in Higher Modern Studies)
S6: AAA ( Advanced Higher Chemistry, Advanced Higher Biology, Higher Psychology
4 weeks of work experience.
First Aider
1 year volunteering at children's charity.
Gold d of e award etc
Any advice of which universities I should apply to with these stats. I was thinking Dundee, Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Sheffield. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Sounds like really good options here, Dundee and Aberdeen definetly, possibly even glasgow if you like it. Edinburgh is always risky but go for it if you love it, sheffield sounds good also, they are UKCAT heavy like glasgow.
Reply 4
Original post by Natalierm2707
Sounds like really good options here, Dundee and Aberdeen definetly, possibly even glasgow if you like it. Edinburgh is always risky but go for it if you love it, sheffield sounds good also, they are UKCAT heavy like glasgow.

Thank you for your input. I think i'm going to go for St Andrews, Dundee, Aberdeen and Sheffield.
Original post by HT98
Thank you for your input. I think i'm going to go for St Andrews, Dundee, Aberdeen and Sheffield.

Good choice!

Quick Reply