The Student Room Group

Chinese airline warns passengers about London areas populated by Pakistanis & blacks

Scroll to see replies

Sure it's racist, but it's also true.
Original post by Trapz99
Yeah I didn't quite understand it at first. Although tbh they could have specifically mentioned the neighbourhoods of London which would have been more useful. Most of the tourist attractions are in quite English parts of London, with the traditional architecture, shops and a safe atmosphere. No tourist would even end up in Brixton, Hackney, Croydon etc...

The people who live in those places can move to other places, that is the problem, it is known that they seek out Asian tourists as they see them as easy targets.

Original post by usycool1
Going back to your previous point though, you said you'd go to Japan to see Japanese people.*

But you also said people from China comr to see white people. Can British people not be black?*

Well, Britons cannot be black, British people, yes, however I personally don't consider a large number of people who live in London to be British, even though they may have British passports, mainly as a result of having moronic governments for the last several decades handing out passports, how I would explain / detail which people I consider British would take too much time.

Original post by Observatory
I sometimes wonder if alevelstresss isn't some kind of deep-cover troll.

Lol, "deep cover troll" :biggrin:.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PTMalewski
No doubt shorthand that was.

so if I say "avoid blacks because its dangerous" is that shorthand?

:rolleyes:
I wish people who want to indulge in a spot of light racism would piss off to StormFront where they belong.
Original post by The_Opinion
I personally don't consider a large number of people who live in London to be British, even though they may have British passports

This says it all, really. I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree.
Reply 85
Original post by Trapz99
Why don't they just state the names of the neighbourhoods instead of mentioning ethnicity/race? Tbh I don't see why a tourist would want to go to Brixton and Croydon anyway

well croydon has the immigration home office. so if any of them are travelling over with the intention to stay here for good then at some point they're going to be visiting croydon...
Indians in the UK have one of the lowest poverty rates of all ethnic groups.

Proportion of people in low-income households:

20% for White people.
30% for Indians and Black Caribbeans.
50% for Black Africans.
60% for Pakistanis.
70% for Bangladeshis.

Source.
Original post by usycool1
This says it all, really. I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree.

The idea that you could go to the middle of the Amazon, find a tribe that has had little or not interaction with the outside world, give them British passports and that they are suddenly as British as me or anyone else that has lived here for generations is ridiculous.
Original post by lawyer3c
Indians in the UK have one of the lowest poverty rates of all ethnic groups.

Source.

Many of them are illegals and living in slum like conditions
"Welcome to the Slums of Southall"
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2049676/Welcome-Slums-Southall-How-unscrupulous-landlords-illegally-built-squalid-homes-immigrants.html
The idea that you could go to the middle of the Amazon, find a tribe that has had little or not interaction with the outside world, give them British passports and that they are suddenly as British as me or anyone else that has lived here for generations is ridiculous.

Okay. :yy:
Original post by alevelstresss
so if I say "avoid blacks because its dangerous" is that shorthand?

:rolleyes:

Depends on your intentions.
Reply 91
Is this even shocking? Chinese people are racist as ****. Ironic when a lot of mainland China is a shithole.
Reply 92
Original post by Tai Ga
Is this even shocking? Chinese people are racist as ****. Ironic when a lot of mainland China is a shithole.

to be fair to them it's better than Pakistan or anywhere in Africa
Original post by Aztec123

1. That's just Southall, any other evidence?
2. Southall contains many South Asians in general, not specifically just Indians
3. There are "illegals" from most countries, so that doesn't affect the statistics showing that Indians have a far lower poverty rate than Blacks/Pakistanis/Bangladeshis.
Original post by Tai Ga

So why would you consider Air China's position to be racist but not yours? It seems like a massive generalisation to me.
they are suddenly as British as me or anyone else that has lived here for generations is ridiculous.

You have lived in the U.K. "for generations"?
Original post by ftw93
to be fair to them it's better than Pakistan or anywhere in Africa

Thats not true, there are a few quite developed places in Africa.
Original post by fallen_acorns
when she first came to england to study, she describes feeling like she had arrived in india, as it was not until she had travelled about a fair bit towards the university that she finally saw her first white person

I find that a tad hypocritical tbh with you mate :tongue:

http://institutions.ukcisa.org.uk//info-for-universities-colleges--schools/policy-research--statistics/research--statistics/international-students-in-uk-he/#Top-Ten-non-EU-sending-countries
(edited 7 years ago)
No way they banned Mathemagicien
Original post by ftw93
yeah, the places with no blacks

Bang out of order, blacks are an amazing, resilient race and as a people they've been through a lot and had many set backs, if they weren't exploited and enslaved I'm sure Africa would be a very different place.

And no I'm not black!!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending