The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Quick question for anybody who exercises frequently, how good is cycling purely in terms of shedding fat?

Obviously if you build muscle you won't lose weight per se, but is it much worse than running for reducing fat?

Personally I hate running and much prefer cycling, any tips guys?
Original post by Lúcio
Quick question for anybody who exercises frequently, how good is cycling purely in terms of shedding fat?

Obviously if you build muscle you won't lose weight per se, but is it much worse than running for reducing fat?

Personally I hate running and much prefer cycling, any tips guys?

Read the fitness FAQ, then come back to me with specific questions. I cycle regularly :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Angry cucumber
Read the fitness FAQ, then come back to me with specific questions. I cycle regularly :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome, thanks man!!!
Playing Fifa career mode..

World cup as england during a career..

Carrick retires from international football half way through the tournement???
Original post by fallen_acorns
Playing Fifa career mode..

World cup as england during a career..

Carrick retires from international football half way through the tournement???

Probably got pissed at you for starting Wheelchair ahead of him
Imagine if multiple people posted on Swirly's account, but maintained the facade it was one.

fuark what a conspiracy theory.

RIP iPhone users who use other brands of earphones/headphones

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Original post by swirly
Imagine if multiple people posted on Swirly's account, but maintained the facade it was one.

fuark what a conspiracy theory.

We all know somebody like fallen acorns would've gotten in on the act and ruined it *with random** asterisks...*.*...*

Apple are a company sustained by pure hype right now.
Original post by Fizzel

Hype is the most valuable thing you can have in 2016
Original post by Lúcio
We all know somebody like fallen acorns would've gotten in on the act and ruined it *with random** asterisks...*.*...*

think about it, sometimes he hates muslims, sometimes he loves them.

FK has disappeared, and Swirly became more vocally supportive of United.

Generally gives off a beta homo vibe.

Swirly is FK's dupe confirmed.
Original post by Fizzel

$159 ear pods, with $2 sound quality you know

Buying apple is more of a fashion statement than tech decision tbh
(edited 7 years ago)
People only use iPhones because they're popular and it's the "cool" phone to have. Samsung's are far better and have been for some time.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
I have an iPhone, and I'm also gonna buy Golovkin-Brook. Cause I'm a sucker for a bit of hype.

No regrets on either decision.
Reply 8634

Original post by Rk2k14

How long will it be before you can get an Apple Bluetooth chip implant in your ear?

Only £3000 :colondollar:
Reply 8636
Why wouldn't you buy better, cheaper earphones/headphones? People going nuts on twitter.

Or are they the only ones compatible?

At least make them appealing ffs. Look like ****.
(edited 7 years ago)
Even though iPhones are common as **** and lots of people buy one just because it's an iPhone, it doesn't mean they aren't any good. Whilst there are some issues with things like battery the OS is clean and far superior to android.

S7 edge does look gorgeous
Original post by The Wavefunction
Even though iPhones are common as **** and lots of people buy one just because it's an iPhone, it doesn't mean they aren't any good. Whilst there are some issues with things like battery the OS is clean and far superior to android.

S7 edge does look gorgeous

That's the phone I have. Not so great when you smash the screen though and quotes for a new one are up to £200...
I just think Apple used to be pretty well ahead of the competition innovation wise, and even when Samsung were beating them on specs the whole package just wasn't as good. That always justified the premium price point. But as time has gone on, the iPhone has really just stagnated specs wise, even iOS is just pretty lame now. Hasn't evolved and is very limited in how it can without a fully redesign, iOS10 side by side with Android N just looks pretty dated. The notifications and multitasking are still bodge jobs. Overall its just a piss take now, nothing about the whole experience is standout other than the price. They have pretty much released the same phone for 3 years straight, other than de rigueur internals bump. With something like Siri which long term you would expect to be at the heart of the user experience, the development is just a joke still pretty much a gimmick. You look at what Amazon are doing with the echo, Google have now on tap and home coming this year. Apple don't even feel the need to invest some of those massive profits on a response. I think it just goes to show what near contempt Apple have for their customers that on the back on declining sales this is what they are offering for their flagship product.

Near an upgrade myself, and half expected them to lull everyone into expecting little change and then headlining something to put them back ahead, but no. Basically 2 years worth of R&D between this and the 6. Genuinely wondering how long it will be before they start selling a tin of polish and a sticker kit, so you can upgrade you old iPhone for £600+. People will still queue up for that.

Latest