The Student Room Group

Maths remark

I was 1 mark off an a* in maths shud i spend 68.40 pounds on a remark is it worth it?
In my experience you're very likely to get marked up. I was nine marks off an A at Physics A2 and got moved up to one when my college paid for my remark. I've never known anyone's grade go down, especially that close to an upper boundary.

Are you at GCSE or A level?
Original post by Lavaridge
In my experience you're very likely to get marked up. I was nine marks off an A at Physics A2 and got moved up to one when my college paid for my remark. I've never known anyone's grade go down, especially that close to an upper boundary

At gcse
In my experience you're very likely to get marked up. I was nine marks off an A at Physics A2 and got moved up to one when my college paid for my remark. I've never known anyone's grade go down, especially that close to an upper boundary.

Did you get the A?
Original post by Valanne
Did you get the A?

Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant by "got moved up to one" :biggrin:
Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant by "got moved up to one" :biggrin:

No worries so do u think it would work for gcse?
Original post by Valanne
No worries so do u think it would work for gcse?

Well, if you're one mark off, it would be 50/50 even if there wasn't any bias towards increasing your grade. But I think there is an upwards bias (like I say, I've never known someone drop marks), and you definitely have nothing to loose. Maths isn't so ambiguous that you could loose enough marks to be moved down to be B :wink:

But really your college should pay for it if you're so close - mine did because it looks good for the school to have more top grades.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Valanne
I was 1 mark off an a* in maths shud i spend 68.40 pounds on a remark is it worth it?

Didn't work for me!:frown: 1 mark off A star but stayed the same in remark
Ya there is still time talk to your exams officer or physics teacher. Deadline for remarks is sep20. You will probably have to pay 68.40 pounds as schools get a bit stingy when it comes to As ans A*s apparently.
(edited 7 years ago)
No worries

Quick Reply