The Student Room Group

Unsure if girlfriend is pregnant.

Hi, my girlfriend is on the pill and has been for several months, we recently had a pregnancy scare which never really ended.

We had partially protected safe sex a few days after her pill began. Since then she's had; intense nausea, weight gain, heavy breasts, a change of taste and smell and many more classic pregnancy symptoms.

We took a test a few weeks back and it came back positive and then we took another the next day which was negative. Since then, she's had more intense symptoms and they appear to be worse than before. She is estimated to be around 8 weeks and 4 days pregnant if so.
Take a pregnancy test.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Take another test, or ask the doctor to do a blood test to check. Definitely check again though.
I thought it could be the side effects of beginning the pill until you mentioned the positive test.
Reply 3
Go to medical shop and take a pregnancy test.
She definitely needs to..

.. take another test
.. book an appointment with the GP.

She's either just had a pregnancy confirmed or something's odd and needs investigating.
Reply 5
Original post by smegsxo
Take another test, or ask the doctor to do a blood test to check. Definitely check again though.
I thought it could be the side effects of beginning the pill until you mentioned the positive test.

It was really bad the other night, around 3 or 4days ago she came off the pill to see if a period would prove anything and since then she's only had pains and a tiny bit of spotting this morning.
Take another test or go to the GP
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, my girlfriend is on the pill and has been for several months, we recently had a pregnancy scare which never really ended.

We had partially protected safe sex a few days after her pill began. Since then she's had; intense nausea, weight gain, heavy breasts, a change of taste and smell and many more classic pregnancy symptoms.

We took a test a few weeks back and it came back positive and then we took another the next day which was negative. Since then, she's had more intense symptoms and they appear to be worse than before. She is estimated to be around 8 weeks and 4 days pregnant if so.

Wait for 9 months and you'll find out for sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous

How can you have "partially safe" sex?
Reply 9
Original post by vannson

By using a condom that's got holes in it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vannson

I'm guessing only one of them was on contraception?

Quick Reply

Latest