The Student Room Group

I feel like I'm going to be forever alone?

I feel like guys that I am attracted to only ever friendzone me... I'm reatively attractive and confident but I'm not into that whole making an effort being all glam and I wouldn't say people would necessarily call me "hot". Thing is for example one of my best mates is v attractive guy and I know at first he found me attractive and we have actually slept with eachother but I'm never the girl guys wanna BE with. I don't know what it is but the guys who do like me I just don't like back.

For this reason I feel like I'm gonna be alone forever I jut don't really see anyone ever wanting to be with me let alone marry me, I'm always friendzoned.

help

Scroll to see replies

Your standards are too high, your average looking prob so better looking guys would bang but would not wifey, cos you got taste of the top class stuff you don't like the average guys who would be serious. There's guys so ugly nobody would even go out with them, your problem is hardly a problem, your just easy and not wifey material to some attractive guys.
Reply 2
Original post by Portgas.D.Grade
Your standards are too high, your average looking prob so better looking guys would bang but would not wifey, cos you got taste of the top class stuff you don't like the average guys who would be serious. There's guys so ugly nobody would even go out with them, your problem is hardly a problem, your just easy and not wifey material to some attractive guys.

hm i dunno.. anyway i'm not even talking about super attractive guys... i am picky but just in the way that guys have to make me laugh and i have to find them attractive (not necessarily typically good looking) and be easy going... so i guess that reduces how many guys i even like... but then they just seem to friendzone me like i said.

and i'm not easy by the way I'm not sure where you got that from my post... not that there is anything wrong with being easy. the way you phrase your answer makes me feel like you aren't really the kind of guy i would hang out with anyway. kind of sexist and archaic thinking.
Loads of guys have the same mindset, nobody wants to marry an easy girl, guys aren't gonna reveal this mind set to you in person though are they? Otherwise they wouldn't be getting no strings benefits but would be getting lectures about misogyny instead.
Reply 4
Loads of guys have the same mindset, nobody wants to marry an easy girl, guys aren't gonna reveal this mind set to you in person though are they? Otherwise they wouldn't be getting no strings benefits but would be getting lectures about misogyny instead.

well this has nothing to do with me as i personally do not sleep around sooo?
Reply 5
how old are you? i bet its something like early 20s. you're far too young to be making such bold assumptions. theres no such thing as never. for now you may not find anyone. it might even stay like this for a couple of years but never say never, no one knows what is round the corner for us.
Original post by Anonymous
hm i dunno.. anyway i'm not even talking about super attractive guys... i am picky but just in the way that guys have to make me laugh and i have to find them attractive (not necessarily typically good looking) and be easy going... so i guess that reduces how many guys i even like... but then they just seem to friendzone me like i said.

and i'm not easy by the way I'm not sure where you got that from my post... not that there is anything wrong with being easy. the way you phrase your answer makes me feel like you aren't really the kind of guy i would hang out with anyway. kind of sexist and archaic thinking.

You said you slept with your friend and he doesn't want to be with you. That is where we get you being easy from. :smile: I would say just wait and see, things happen and improve. I have a GF now, I never thought anyone would ever like me or that I would like them too, but I do. :smile: You just need the correct person who will take a chance with you and you with them, wonderful things can happen after that. :smile: PM if you want to talk more.
Reply 7
Original post by Clockrice
You said you slept with your friend and he doesn't want to be with you. That is where we get you being easy from. :smile: I would say just wait and see, things happen and improve. I have a GF now, I never thought anyone would ever like me or that I would like them too, but I do. :smile: You just need the correct person who will take a chance with you and you with them, wonderful things can happen after that. :smile: PM if you want to talk more.

so i said i slept with 1 guy and that makes me easy? :s-smilie: looool why do i bother asking for advice from TSR

anyway thank you, that is kind of you
Reply 8
Original post by Allie4
how old are you? i bet its something like early 20s. you're far too young to be making such bold assumptions. theres no such thing as never. for now you may not find anyone. it might even stay like this for a couple of years but never say never, no one knows what is round the corner for us.

yeah haha i know and i have only been single for 6 months i think i'm being dramatic since a lot of my friends are in the same situation and i'd never say about them what i think for myself so i guess i just need to wait and see. probably just being negative. thank you :smile:
so i said i slept with 1 guy and that makes me easy? :s-smilie: looool why do i bother asking for advice from TSR

anyway thank you, that is kind of you

Yep, TSR isn't the best place for this. Have you told your friends about you feeling like this? Also what happened with that friend you slept with? Why didn't he want to go out with you? :s-smilie: I think you need to write down what you are looking for in terms of a long term partner and what you truly value and what matters to you. Then when you see that person, you know they are what you are looking for. :smile:
Yep, TSR isn't the best place for this. Have you told your friends about you feeling like this? Also what happened with that friend you slept with? Why didn't he want to go out with you? :s-smilie: I think you need to write down what you are looking for in terms of a long term partner and what you truly value and what matters to you. Then when you see that person, you know they are what you are looking for. :smile:

i wouldn't really tell my friends because i feel like it sounds kinda pathetic to say out loud...
well i don't really want to be with him we never discussed being together we just kind of stopped and he got a girlfriend. who is prettier than me.
i wouldn't really tell my friends because i feel like it sounds kinda pathetic to say out loud...
well i don't really want to be with him we never discussed being together we just kind of stopped and he got a girlfriend. who is prettier than me.

My first statement sounds even more valid now. Please re-read it. :banana2::banana2::banana2::banana2::banana2:

If you can't tell them how you are feeling, then they can't help you can they? I am sure they want you to be happy and once you have told them you will feel better. :smile: I tell my friend everything, even before I met my GF I told them about wanting an improvement in my life and they helped me and gave me advice which I followed. So talk to them, it isn't pathetic. :smile: Unless you think I am pathetic. :tongue: Think about how you would react and think if one of your friends told you they were feeling like you are feeling? :smile:I see. It was just sex then? Because it seemed from your OP that you wanted to be within him and then you slept together and he didn't like ask you out, which you would have wanted to happen? Even if you didn't talk about it. :redface: Who cares if she is prettier than you, don't be daft. Stop putting yourself down, you are very beautiful and any guy would be lucky to be with you, okay. :smile: Also you need to be more self-confident about yourself and see that how people look is a secondary thing in a relationship. Both to you and to guy's. This is why I said you should write down what you truly want in a long term partner. Please PM me, as I want to tell you things, but I can't on public forum. :smile:
I feel like guys that I am attracted to only ever friendzone me... I'm reatively attractive and confident but I'm not into that whole making an effort being all glam and I wouldn't say people would necessarily call me "hot". Thing is for example one of my best mates is v attractive guy and I know at first he found me attractive and we have actually slept with eachother but I'm never the girl guys wanna BE with. I don't know what it is but the guys who do like me I just don't like back.

For this reason I feel like I'm gonna be alone forever I jut don't really see anyone ever wanting to be with me let alone marry me, I'm always friendzoned.

help

Pretend you're lesbian - the men will swarm you.

Spoiler

My first statement sounds even more valid now. Please re-read it. :banana2::banana2::banana2::banana2::banana2:

please leave this thread as you are not being helpful and you are not the kind of person that i like to surround myself with therefore irrelevant :smile:
please leave this thread as you are not being helpful and you are not the kind of person that i like to surround myself with therefore irrelevant :smile:

don't feed the troll!
If you can't tell them how you are feeling, then they can't help you can they? I am sure they want you to be happy and once you have told them you will feel better. :smile: I tell my friend everything, even before I met my GF I told them about wanting an improvement in my life and they helped me and gave me advice which I followed. So talk to them, it isn't pathetic. :smile: Unless you think I am pathetic. :tongue: Think about how you would react and think if one of your friends told you they were feeling like you are feeling? :smile:I see. It was just sex then? Because it seemed from your OP that you wanted to be within him and then you slept together and he didn't like ask you out, which you would have wanted to happen? Even if you didn't talk about it. :redface: Who cares if she is prettier than you, don't be daft. Stop putting yourself down, you are very beautiful and any guy would be lucky to be with you, okay. :smile: Also you need to be more self-confident about yourself and see that how people look is a secondary thing in a relationship. Both to you and to guy's. This is why I said you should write down what you truly want in a long term partner. Please PM me, as I want to tell you things, but I can't on public forum. :smile:

ya thank you you are right :smile: i'll talk to my guy friends when i go back to uni i think and get their opinion...

yeah it was for sure just sex.. we are very close and it just kind of seemed normal... it did sound like that i guess what i mean (and i warn you it's ridiculous) is that why didn't he want to be with me? even though i don't want to be with him either because of aspects of his personality.. why doesn't he want to be with me? it just felt a bit like i was friendzoned. which is so dumb i know but it just adds to this feeling i have. obviously i'm glad he didn't get feelings for me cos it couldve messed up our friendship so i'm being kind of irrational but oh well.

thank you for being so helpful! i'll PM u :smile:
Original post by Foo.mp3
Maybe stop with the FWB behaviour then and have some standards/communicate self-worth and self-respect? :dontknow:

honey i do have standards, i'm sorry last time i checked i was in UK 2016 and sleeping with one guy (or even more for that matter) did not negate that or a woman's self respect. if this is the opinion of the majority of men i'm bloody glad i'm single until i find someone who isn't a sexist *******.
honey i do have standards, i'm sorry last time i checked i was in UK 2016 and sleeping with one guy (or even more for that matter) did not negate that or a woman's self respect. if this is the opinion of the majority of men i'm bloody glad i'm single until i find someone who isn't a sexist *******.

TRIGGERED

He is right though. If you wish to cultivate meaningful relationships and/or generate interest from the opposite sex then you need to be more careful with the actions you take. Whether you accept it or not, there are a lot of men who would be put off by you for engaging in a friends-with-benefits situation.

Also, as a side-note and somewhat on-topic, whilst anyone is entitled to do as they are pleased with their sexuality (so long as it involves content by the opposite party/parties), there are a multitude of different reasons why people choose to sleep around and SOME of them are not healthy. Fact of the matter is not a great deal of people are self-aware, especially at this age, of self-destructive behaviors. Alas, on the side-lines, people will observe such behavior, deem it as "slutty" and are thus put off from the idea of dating such an individual.

Back on topic; a few of your replies to this thread come across as very negative and arrogant. If this is part of your personality as a whole then it would be unsurprising why some men would be put off from dating you. I'm not making assumptions on your character, just an observation based on the contents of your replies.

Ultimately the same advice that many would give to others also applies to yourself, and that is; dress well, maintain good hygiene, put yourself out there, be happy, be proactive, and most importantly be yourself.

Inbox is open if you want to talk in more detail.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending