The Student Room Group

The Arsenal Thread XXV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Imagine putting Kolarov over Bailly
Original post by difeo
Imagine putting Kolarov over Bailly

Even Liverpool's CBs are better than City's tbh.

No Aguero then?
Reply 142
Original post by Lúcio
Even Liverpool's CBs are better than City's tbh.

No Aguero then?

Let's not go too far

He's injured m8
Original post by difeo
Let's not go too far

He's injured m8

Hehe x

Stones is good at passing and getting forward but he's not a proper defender.
Kolarov is a full back and way too attacking.

Lovren had inexplicably become decent now - kinda like Smalling did for you guys (obviously not to the same extent).
Matip looks solid but can't properly judge yet.
Sakho is out of favour but still a beast.
Klavan is an experienced and very competent CB to have as back up.

I'd certainly take ours over theirs, it's just our fullbacks that are awful (bar Clyne)

I assumed it was a fantasy team made from City/United players. Why should injury make a difference in a hypothetical team like this?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 144
Lol at Flamini signing for Palace
Is anyone going to take a guy seriously when he has Rooney starting tho?
Reply 146
Original post by Lúcio
Hehe x

Stones is good at passing and getting forward but he's not a proper defender.
Kolarov is a full back and way too attacking.

Lovren had inexplicably become decent now - kinda like Smalling did for you guys (obviously not to the same extent).
Matip looks solid but can't properly judge yet.
Sakho is out of favour but still a beast.
Klavan is an experienced and very competent CB to have as back up.

I'd certainly take ours over theirs, it's just our fullbacks that are awful (bar Clyne)

I assumed it was a fantasy team made from City/United players. Why should injury make a difference in a hypothetical team like this?

That's true with their current defence but Kompany-Stones in a Pep team or Kompany-Otamendi in a normal team beats you

"Who makes our combined United and City XI for the Manchester derby?"
Original post by difeo
That's true with their current defence but Kompany-Stones in a Pep team or Kompany-Otamendi in a normal team beats you

"Who makes our combined United and City XI for the Manchester derby?"

Oh yeah for sure - Kompany changes things massively. I think we have very good depth because none of our 4 CBs are significantly better than any of the others.

Meh, still pointless!! Whoever decided it was an idiot anyway; only put Kolarov in to make sure there was enough City players...
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1473338732.387467.jpg

Pls no hate - was meant to be diamond wide but they didn't have that formation :colonhash:

Not convinced about Zabaleta so considered putting Smalling RB, but he hasn't played there for years.
Original post by AR_95
Lol at Flamini signing for Palace

Good signing for both parties? Nah?
Original post by Lúcio

Pls no hate - was meant to be diamond wide but they didn't have that formation :colonhash:

Not convinced about Zabaleta so considered putting Smalling RB, but he hasn't played there for years.

Giroud, Ozick and alexis would have a field day whilst zlatan fails at taekwondo in koscielny's left pocket.
You're talking an Ibrahimovic who beat Arsenal 4-0, who beat England 4-2, and whose most recent loss to English opposition was just last year.
Original post by Lúcio

No David Silva?
Original post by Zerforax
No David Silva?

I haven't been too impressed by Silva really and I feel like Martial and Sterling on the wings with KDB playing the passes would be a better option.

Really hard not to leave a top player out of a combined United/City side though.
Original post by shawn_o1
whose most recent loss to English opposition was just last year.

Ffs sake he's only played 4 english teams in the last year. The hardest of which was Leicester. Another pointless stat
Original post by Lúcio
I haven't been too impressed by Silva really and I feel like Martial and Sterling on the wings with KDB playing the passes would be a better option.

Really hard not to leave a top player out of a combined United/City side though.

Horrible midfield that, also this rejuvenated Valencia at RB would be better

Thoughts on me doing my masters in Leeds?
@SA-1 @swirly

Xhaka would be a fearless gangbanger

Original post by Dirtybit
Horrible midfield that, also this rejuvenated Valencia at RB would be better

Thoughts on me doing my masters in Leeds?

Mate pls :frown:

Loving how Valencia started off as an attacking player and has ended up being moulded in to a RB...

Pls no
Original post by Lúcio

Loving how Valencia started off as an attacking player and has ended up being moulded in to a RB...

Pls no

Perfect RB if he learns to defend properly, that pace on the counter

Oh I might be, and if I do, I'll find you :redface:
Original post by Dirtybit
Perfect RB if he learns to defend properly, that pace on the counter

Oh I might be, and if I do, I'll find you :redface:

Original post by Lúcio

Pls no

Take it to another thread where people actually give a ****...

Quick Reply

Latest