The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Accounting at Leicster

should I study A&F
...or retake A2 and go to a "better" uni?
Reply 1
bump
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by ronaldo222
should I study A&F
...or retake A2 and go to a "better" uni?

The University of Leicester? Or De Montfort? If it's the University of Leicester, then it's actually a pretty good university, and the entry requirements are quite high compared to a lot of the country. De Montfort is ok, but if you think it's possible, then shoot for higher. Leicester itself is a fairly good town, I can think of worse places to live tbh. Overall Uni of Leicester is pretty decent.
Reply 3
Original post by MPH125
The University of Leicester? Or De Montfort? If it's the University of Leicester, then it's actually a pretty good university, and the entry requirements are quite high compared to a lot of the country. De Montfort is ok, but if you think it's possible, then shoot for higher. Leicester itself is a fairly good town, I can think of worse places to live tbh. Overall Uni of Leicester is pretty decent.

yea, its the uni of leicster
Reply 4
yea, its the uni of leicster

Then tbf, it's really not that bad. Are you local or will you have to travel for it?
Reply 5
Original post by MPH125
Then tbf, it's really not that bad. Are you local or will you have to travel for it?

it's been dropping a lot of ranks in the past year, do you know the reason why?I'll have to get accommodation there
Reply 6
it's been dropping a lot of ranks in the past year, do you know the reason why?I'll have to get accommodation there

Honestly I have no idea why, but in that very same respect, even Cambridge dropped in ranks this year, so I genuinely don't know lmao. They're real hard asses when it comes to trying to get in, and even through clearing, they don't really drop the entry requirements. Tbh, in the local area, Leicester isn't too bad, however if you are going to push for something better, a place close to Leicester is the University of Loughborough. And honestly you won't find a better Uni in this county lmao. Everything from the campus to the societies to the classes, simply ace.
Reply 7
Original post by MPH125
Honestly I have no idea why, but in that very same respect, even Cambridge dropped in ranks this year, so I genuinely don't know lmao. They're real hard asses when it comes to trying to get in, and even through clearing, they don't really drop the entry requirements. Tbh, in the local area, Leicester isn't too bad, however if you are going to push for something better, a place close to Leicester is the University of Loughborough. And honestly you won't find a better Uni in this county lmao. Everything from the campus to the societies to the classes, simply ace.

Hey, similar to op I have a place to do accounting and finance but at De Montfort and was wandering if I should resit to get into the uni of Leicester as everyone says this is a very respected uni overall. My only worry is entry requirements as I currently have CCC and would get around BBC , but a lot of people are saying they accord this anyway as their overall entry requirements are inflated.
Reply 8
Original post by alexp98
Hey, similar to op I have a place to do accounting and finance but at De Montfort and was wandering if I should resit to get into the uni of Leicester as everyone says this is a very respected uni overall. My only worry is entry requirements as I currently have CCC and would get around BBC , but a lot of people are saying they accord this anyway as their overall entry requirements are inflated.

Well the University of Leicester are unfortunately tough when it comes to entry requirements, and even for clearing, they generally don't put the grades down, or if they do, it's by a grade at the most. Of my area though, if you could aim for better grades, the best Uni here is University of Loughborough just up the road. It's a hell of a lot better, more respected and generally nicer. But that's just my personal opinion tbh.
Reply 9
Original post by MPH125
Well the University of Leicester are unfortunately tough when it comes to entry requirements, and even for clearing, they generally don't put the grades down, or if they do, it's by a grade at the most. Of my area though, if you could aim for better grades, the best Uni here is University of Loughborough just up the road. It's a hell of a lot better, more respected and generally nicer. But that's just my personal opinion tbh.

Agreed, Lougbourough is certainly out the reach though. And apparently this year Leicester were accepting people with ACC so surely they would for BBC too right?
Like the OP said he got in with ACC, apparently their known for letting people of 2-3 grades
Reply 10
Original post by alexp98
Agreed, Lougbourough is certainly out the reach though. And apparently this year Leicester were accepting people with ACC so surely they would for BBC too right?
Like the OP said he got in with ACC, apparently their known for letting people of 2-3 grades

Loughborough is literally a bus ride away, plus if you are living in accomidation, even the crappy loughborough accomidation is better than Leicester lmao. Leicester will probably be alright with that, they just aren't as lenient as other unis
Original post by MPH125
Loughborough is literally a bus ride away, plus if you are living in accomidation, even the crappy loughborough accomidation is better than Leicester lmao. Leicester will probably be alright with that, they just aren't as lenient as other unis

Yeah i meant grades wise though, i know i'm no where good enough for that, what other unis do you think are similar quality to Leicester but more lenient? I'm just considering if its worth taking a gap year.
I got into the accounting and finance course at Leicester with grades CCC

Quick Reply

Latest