The Student Room Group

Not happy with new college timetable. What should I do?

Went back to college today. Got my timetable... Im taking 4 A-levels and an AS and an EPQ also (im retaking one module from my AS)... my timetable is aids. no kidding. Firstly I dont care about timing, im happy to wake up early and come back late. But I care about good teaching and they've managed to put me with the WORST teachers in existence. I asked to get it changed but they can't change it because of the number of clashes there are. What can I do? I can stick it out but it's going to be so hard for me because im doing so much and aiming for A*'s... You'd think they would help me out a bit by changing my lessons for me, because I still think its remotely possible that I could have good teachers! Not sure what to do, im being robbed of my A-levels here pretty much because when I say bad teaching.. i mean literally BADD teaching -_- fml. someone help
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Stop crying. It doesn't matter if you have bad teachers, this is your life take charge
Original post by Someboady
Went back to college today. Got my timetable... Im taking 4 A-levels and an AS and an EPQ also (im retaking one module from my AS)... my timetable is aids. no kidding. Firstly I dont care about timing, im happy to wake up early and come back late. But I care about good teaching and they've managed to put me with the WORST teachers in existence. I asked to get it changed but they can't change it because of the number of clashes there are. What can I do? I can stick it out but it's going to be so hard for me because im doing so much and aiming for A*'s... You'd think they would help me out a bit by changing my lessons for me, because I still think its remotely possible that I could have good teachers! Not sure what to do, im being robbed of my A-levels here pretty much because when I say bad teaching.. i mean literally BADD teaching -_- fml. someone help

Bad teaching doesnt help when aiming for good grades, but providing you put the work in and seek help from better teachers (such as revision sessions etc) you will get there.

You will have had many clashes on your timetable and hence you cannot be moved, if you did you would have to drop a subject for something else to avoid the clashing, the timetables are very intricate and complicated and you cannot expect your lessons to magically be changed when that is not at all possible.

How do you even know these teachers are bad?
Reply 4
Original post by Natalierm2707
Bad teaching doesnt help when aiming for good grades, but providing you put the work in and seek help from better teachers (such as revision sessions etc) you will get there.

You will have had many clashes on your timetable and hence you cannot be moved, if you did you would have to drop a subject for something else to avoid the clashing, the timetables are very intricate and complicated and you cannot expect your lessons to magically be changed when that is not at all possible.

How do you even know these teachers are bad?

I attended my first lessons with them and having been to one to one support sessions with those teachers and from what other people have said I concluded they were pretty bad teachers.
Last year I went through computing without a teacher... I managed to get an A so I do agree with what you've said... but teachers bloody well help a load! Considering I'm doing 10 Maths exams this Summer I need all the help I can get tbh.
You're right and what I've planned to do is to drop my EPQ.... as much as I don't want to drop it.. I basically have to because that's the only way I can get the same timetable as people who have good teachers.
The only reason they won't move me after that is because theyre being stubborn or because the class is full.. however I hear there is one free seat in the maths class I want to be in... :/ and the others are also free.
So is there any other reason they shouldn't move my classes?
Reply 5
Original post by Naruke
Stop crying. It doesn't matter if you have bad teachers, this is your life take charge

Well it does matter. you try self-teaching ten maths modules, A2 physics and all of A2 compsci... Frankly considering the workload, I would rather have good teachers..
I think I have the largest work load in the college, the least they can do is give me some good teachers.
Bad teachers isn't an excuse for bad grades. A Levels are mainly a 'DIY' thing. I had awful teachers, but took it upon myself to go the extra mile and put more effort in.

Sometimes you just have to deal with what you've got - life isn't gonna stop and re-arrange things to suit you. Why should your college?
I attended my first lessons with them and having been to one to one support sessions with those teachers and from what other people have said I concluded they were pretty bad teachers.
Last year I went through computing without a teacher... I managed to get an A so I do agree with what you've said... but teachers bloody well help a load! Considering I'm doing 10 Maths exams this Summer I need all the help I can get tbh.
You're right and what I've planned to do is to drop my EPQ.... as much as I don't want to drop it.. I basically have to because that's the only way I can get the same timetable as people who have good teachers.
The only reason they won't move me after that is because theyre being stubborn or because the class is full.. however I hear there is one free seat in the maths class I want to be in... :/ and the others are also free.
So is there any other reason they shouldn't move my classes?

they can just refuse to move people, its not uncommon, they need to fill classes and sadly its a case of get what your given.
Reply 8
Deal with it.
Reply 9

bunk some lessons, study somewhere else at college instead, and then see if they do anything about it?

Quick Reply

Latest