The Student Room Group

Help me! In catered student accommodation, macros will go to hell :(

hey all,

So long story short, the only accommodation available is catered. and they don't have ovens/hobs etc. that I can use, so my macros which i've been so carefully watching are now going to go out of wack and i'm going to revert back to my terrible fitness levels I had a few years back. and I do NOT want that to happen.

What can I do?
The hardest thing is meeting my Protein requirements, what foods are high in protein that dont need cooking? I need 220g of protein a day and it's too hard to plan. Breakfast will be mainly carbs, dinner I have no clue, and lunch is the only meal I have to make for myself!
Catered is fine, avoid the obviously unhealthy and you'll be largely ok

Why on earth do you need 220g of protein? Like how big are you?
You're going to stop exercising because you can't cook your own food?
Reply 3
Original post by Angry cucumber
Catered is fine, avoid the obviously unhealthy and you'll be largely ok

Why on earth do you need 220g of protein? Like how big are you?

it's what works for me, I do a macro split of 40/30/30. also because that way when I focus on fat loss I can dial in the ratio for high protein low carb much easier :smile:

I'm just trying to keep the split as close to 40/30/30 as possible while still meeting 3000 calories.

Original post by 1010marina
You're going to stop exercising because you can't cook your own food?

definitely not! but if my diet is terrible at uni I wont be able to build muscle or lose fat like I am now :frown:
Original post by kelefi
it's what works for me, I do a macro split of 40/30/30. also because that way when I focus on fat loss I can dial in the ratio for high protein low carb much easier :smile:

I'm just trying to keep the split as close to 40/30/30 as possible while still meeting 3000 calories.

definitely not! but if my diet is terrible at uni I wont be able to build muscle or lose fat like I am now :frown:

If you're eating 3000kcals and losing fat you must be really fit - I'm having 1300-1400 and still gaining weight fml

Having said that it's unlikely you need so much protein, or that few carbs if you're exercising so much - I think you'll be OK :smile: there should always be healthy options available and you can supplement with snacks like peanuts etc.
Reply 5
Original post by 1010marina
If you're eating 3000kcals and losing fat you must be really fit - I'm having 1300-1400 and still gaining weight fml

Having said that it's unlikely you need so much protein, or that few carbs if you're exercising so much - I think you'll be OK :smile: there should always be healthy options available and you can supplement with snacks like peanuts etc.

:biggrin: haha definitely not losing fat at 3000Cals, I need to drop down to about 2500 to lose fat :redface: 3000 just to build muscle and nothing else! and low calories are the best thing ever, eating anything more than 1500 is a chore and then some.

I'll just see how the first few weeks of "no diet" goes at uni, worst case I'll consign myself to putting on fat and then just burning it off with a tonne of cardio xD
Protein supplements?

Catered halls sounds like hell on earth, what if the food is bad?!*
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Protein supplements?

Catered halls sounds like hell on earth, what if the food is bad?!*

Its terrible but you survive
Better pack up them protein shakes or go with ramen noodles like kali Bop Bop
[QUOTE=Angry cucumber;67479430]Its terrible but you survive

What number do i phone to donate money? Or is it a website? Like allcucumberlivesmatter.co.uk

You poor thing, how DID you cope?!? :tongue:
you can find someone in self-catered to switch rooms with you? or perhaps get in touch with whoever at the uni manages special dietary requirements as they may be able to do something if you tell them of your utterly first world problem :biggrin::biggrin:

I joke, but both are viable options :redface:
Original post by Unistudent77
What number do i phone to donate money? Or is it a website? Like allcucumberlivesmatter.co.uk

You poor thing, how DID you cope?!? :tongue:

Banned.

:wink:

It was meant as the food is terrible, but you pick up enough calories to continue on your quest of life

That ok now bro? Huh
HUH
HUUUH
[QUOTE=Angry cucumber;67486326]Banned.

:wink:

It was meant as the food is terrible, but you pick up enough calories to continue on your quest of life

That ok now bro? Huh
HUH
HUUUH

Hahahaha.

I see.
Yeah, that's ok. I'm suitably satisfied that you were not pleading to be on children (adults) in need :tongue:

Why did you have catered? Is it cheaper or something?
Original post by Unistudent77
Hahahaha.

I see.
Yeah, that's ok. I'm suitably satisfied that you were not pleading to be on children (adults) in need :tongue:

Why did you have catered? Is it cheaper or something?

It was mandatory for people on my campus if you were in halls to be part catered (evening meals cooked for you). Food was diabolical
[QUOTE=Angry cucumber;67486834]It was mandatory for people on my campus if you were in halls to be part catered (evening meals cooked for you). Food was diabolical

That's crazy! Are people that retarded at your uni that they can't be trusted?!?

I can imagine!

My diet in first year was probably worse i must admit. So many microwave meals. All dat saturated fat haha.

Taught me how to cook though since i had to
Reply 15
I guess it's cookies for breakfast, instant ramen for lunch, and protein shakes all day :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest