The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by usycool1
Are you Year 12 now?

Yes?? Surprised? :tongue:
Original post by karmacrunch
Yes?? Surprised? :tongue:

Bloody hell :tongue:

It's like seeing my kids grow up :emo: (Not that I have kids yet, of course :ninja:)
- Introduce yourself. I'm lucy, I'm 16 and live in Yorkshire - What are your hobbies and interests? I don't really have any hobbies as such, but I enjoy reading science and philosophy books - What subjects are you planning to take? biology. physics, geography and psychology - Your favourite subject(s)? biology - Your ideal future occupation? physiotherapist
Original post by usycool1
Bloody hell :tongue:

It's like seeing my kids grow up :emo: (Not that I have kids yet, of course :ninja:)

:lol:
That's pretty true. We've been here since Year 9. :tongue: Hmmm. :sly:

Usyyy... I kind of feel like I'm behind already even though we haven't done that much. Especially in Biology. There is so much in the textbook. :/

Original post by Mr...
I guess we are the same but I've had to work in most of mine so far:lol:

Apparently because AQA science was easy compared to OCR which had harder stuff but idk :dontknow:
7????

French is good, I haven't had my other French teacher yet but I already got some homework from her. Everyone in my class is basically fluent or French and I feel so inferior. The worst part is I can read, write and understand what she says well but my accent isn't the best so I hate speaking :redface:

Same. I'm going to try and be more productive in my frees from next week. I have one tomorrow and I'm planning to make more flashcards. I need to finish my homework from today... and do some 'extra reading'.
Genau! :ahee:

Everything just seems to be more in depth, which is exciting!

Keep speaking!! A lot of my friends who take French have been saying that but the only way you can better is to speak. :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
I have 9 supervised study lessons
Original post by nisha.sri
I have 9 supervised study lessons

Unlucky supervised? I have my own study xx I have 11 frees but my the school day has 9 periods a day in it
Original post by ForeverFrench
Unlucky supervised? I have my own study xx I have 11 frees but my the school day has 9 periods a day in it

Oh wow ok :smile: Ikr and we have to be in silence !!
- What are your hobbies and interests?
I don't really have many hobbies, which is rubbish but I'm super into 'old' music (music from the 60's-80's).
- What subjects are you planning to take?
I'm taking psychology, sociology and criminology.
- Your favourite subject(s)?
At GCSE my favourite subject was history.
- Your ideal future occupation?
I'm seriously considering becoming a forensic psychologist/ police psychologist or just a regular police officers.
Hi all :h:

- What are your hobbies and interests? Music, swimming, sleeping, watching Disney movies and musical theatre
- What subjects are you planning to take? I am taking Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Spanish
- Your favourite subject(s)? Chemistry
- Your ideal future occupation? Perhaps a chemical engineer, although I'm not sure at the moment.

@ColossalAtom could you add me as an aspiring Cambridge student? :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Oh wow ok :smile: Ikr and we have to be in silence !!

School is 9-4 and your expected to do a club until 5:15 but we get longer holidays xx
Yeah I love having my own study and just knowing its my own space
Original post by unrealistic
Doing maths, physics, chemistry and the Welsh Bacc. Also might be picking up further maths. What about you? :smile:

Politcs and psychology
Any help debating whether to drop psychology for economics any advice would appreciated :biggrin:
Original post by karmacrunch
:lol:
That's pretty true. We've been here since Year 9. :tongue: Hmmm. :sly:

Usyyy... I kind of feel like I'm behind already even though we haven't done that much. Especially in Biology. There is so much in the textbook. :/

Wow, that's quite amazing. A lot has happened during that time eh... :awesome: I assure you, there are no mini Usy's yet. All the (old) female Usy's are now ex's so we'll have to wait some time. :lol:

Don't worry, that's normal for A-Levels. Just keep trying to keep up and you will be fine. At GCSE, you'll have been used to going into exams feeling as though you've revised everything and have a good shot (how were your GCSEs, btw?). Then at A-Levels, you'll go in feeling slightly less confident but everyone will be like that. (Then at Med School, you go in thinking: "What the hell, I haven't revised like 25% of the stuff!" but that too is expected :tongue:). What have you covered in Biology?
- Introduce yourself- Hey I am Teresa
- What are your hobbies and interests? I like reading and writing novels, watching TV, playing badminton and watching the National Geographic (I know i am strange)
- What subjects are you planning to take? English lit, history and government and politics
- Your favourite subject(s)? I like History, I find it very interesting and can talk about it non-stop hahaha.
- Your ideal future occupation- LAWYER, I aspire to be a lawyer as I would like to become a human rights lawyer :smile:
Got my timetable today and I think I have the most frees here. 20 free periods not including 2 compulsory independent study periods a week. I do English lit, History and Sociology, so I'm surprised I have so much frees, it might be because I go to a sixth form college.
How is everyone finding sixth form so far ?
Whats everyones timetable like, i legit have so many frees its unbelievable. I have 3 frees tomorrow :smile: i absolutely love it
How is everyone finding sixth form so far ?

i love it.
Original post by _Hafsa
Got my timetable today and I think I have the most frees here. 20 free periods not including 2 compulsory independent study periods a week. I do English lit, History and Sociology, so I'm surprised I have so much frees, it might be because I go to a sixth form college.

Yeah collage has more. I'm at sixth form school i have 14 frees. absolutely love it
Original post by Im_trying
Whats everyones timetable like, i legit have so many frees its unbelievable. I have 3 frees tomorrow :smile: i absolutely love it

Same with 3 frees tomorrow - well I don't really have frees at all it's supervised study lessons

Original post by Im_trying
i love it.

Was that sarcastic ? Or not ?

Latest