The Student Room Group

Will my GCSEs suffice?

I want to apply for biology related course at oxford or PPE.
Since biological sciences and biochemistry don't have an admission test, surely they would expect applicant to do well in their GCSEs, since they wont have AS levels to judge. Therefore this leaves me with the question of whether my GCSEs are deemed correct for these courses at Oxford.
Further Maths - A
English Language - A
Maths - A*
Chemistry - A*
Biology - A*
French - B
Urdu - A
Physics - A*
ICT - A*
Business Studies - A*
English Literature - A*
Geography - A*
History - A*
Religious Studies - A*

so I got 10A*s,3As and a B overall. I know hese are good results, but I will be competing with people who have to all A*s at GCSE. DO you think thes will get me an interview.

For a levels I am taking: Biology,chemistry,maths, economics and an EPQ
Yes.*
Reply 2
:smile::smile::smile:
Original post by BULL14
I want to apply for biology related course at oxford or PPE.
Since biological sciences and biochemistry don't have an admission test, surely they would expect applicant to do well in their GCSEs, since they wont have AS levels to judge. Therefore this leaves me with the question of whether my GCSEs are deemed correct for these courses at Oxford.
Further Maths - A
English Language - A
Maths - A*
Chemistry - A*
Biology - A*
French - B
Urdu - A
Physics - A*
ICT - A*
Business Studies - A*
English Literature - A*
Geography - A*
History - A*
Religious Studies - A*

so I got 10A*s,3As and a B overall. I know hese are good results, but I will be competing with people who have to all A*s at GCSE. DO you think thes will get me an interview.

For a levels I am taking: Biology,chemistry,maths, economics and an EPQ

Another yes from us.
Reply 4
Original post by BrasenoseAdm
Another yes from us.

Thankyou so much. This means so much to me. What course would these grades be deemed suitable for? i.e. PPE,Medicine or biological sciences
Original post by BULL14
Thankyou so much. This means so much to me. What course would these grades be deemed suitable for? i.e. PPE,Medicine or biological sciences

Your GCSEs should not be a factor in deciding which of these three subjects you apply for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending