The Student Room Group

KPMG audit programme 2017 discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey guys!
I'm applying for the 2017 School Leavers Audit programme as well. As far as I'm aware there's no 90 second video in the undergraduate/school leavers programme? Applications are only open for graduate at the moment
Reply 21
Original post by klefki
Hey guys!
I'm applying for the 2017 School Leavers Audit programme as well. As far as I'm aware there's no 90 second video in the undergraduate/school leavers programme? Applications are only open for graduate at the moment

Oh thanks that's great to hear was dreading that video!
Here's where it has the new application process: https://home.kpmg.com/au/en/home/careers/graduates/our-selection-process.html
Yet maybe its only for graduates.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by dom117117
Oh thanks that's great to hear was dreading that video!
Here's where it has the new application process: https://home.kpmg.com/au/en/home/careers/graduates/our-selection-process.html
Yet maybe its only for graduates.

definitely - that url is /careers/graduates :smile:
hi guys could really do with some advice. i want to study chemistry at university, i have written a chemistry personal statement and will be applying to universities that teach chemistry, but the KPMG school leavers programme is very interesting and it is something that i want to do. so the question is can i still apply to unis that offer chemistry with a chemistry PS through UCAS and still apply for the KPMG school leavers programme?
Original post by nahimwahid123
hi guys could really do with some advice. i want to study chemistry at university, i have written a chemistry personal statement and will be applying to universities that teach chemistry, but the KPMG school leavers programme is very interesting and it is something that i want to do. so the question is can i still apply to unis that offer chemistry with a chemistry PS through UCAS and still apply for the KPMG school leavers programme?

KPMG school leavers is separate of UCAS so you should make your PS relevant to the course you're applying to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Accountingggo
KPMG school leavers is separate of UCAS so you should make your PS relevant to the course you're applying to

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks for the advice. so just to clarify i can apply for Chemistry at university and also apply to the KPMG school leavers programme
Reply 26
Original post by nahimwahid123
thanks for the advice. so just to clarify i can apply for Chemistry at university and also apply to the KPMG school leavers programme

Yeah as your applying through KPMG's website so what you put on UCAS will not be involved in the application. It will also not take up one of your five uni options even though your going to uni if you get onto the audit course.
(edited 7 years ago)
Failed the SJT just now before I even had the opportunity to have a go at the online tests. Really annoying and surprising, because I thought I answered quite well. The whole process seemed to be unnecessarily long-winded with the videos too.
Original post by hodgey111
Failed the SJT just now before I even had the opportunity to have a go at the online tests. Really annoying and surprising, because I thought I answered quite well. The whole process seemed to be unnecessarily long-winded with the videos too.

Is this for the graduate entry programme ?
because i thought applications are not even open yet for the school leaves programme ?!?!!?
Reply 29
Original post by money-for-all
Is this for the graduate entry programme ?
because i thought applications are not even open yet for the school leaves programme ?!?!!?

It's meant for the school leaving audit programme. Yeah applications are not open yet, I made the forum early to see how many are applying.
(edited 7 years ago)
It's meant for the school leaving audit programme. Yeah applications are not open yet, I made the forum early to see how many are applying.

Any idea when applications are open mate?
Reply 31
Original post by DarkEnergy
Any idea when applications are open mate?

I've heard October, it just says Autumn on the website so could open any minute. I'll keep checking and put it on here when it opens.
(edited 7 years ago)
I've heard October, it just says Autumn on the website so could open any minute. I'll keep checking and put it on here when it opens.

Cheers mate. Are you applying to uni too? Hoping to get this but if I don't I'll just go to uni and do a Physics bachelors, then try and end up doing a grad scheme.
Reply 33
Original post by DarkEnergy
Cheers mate. Are you applying to uni too? Hoping to get this but if I don't I'll just go to uni and do a Physics bachelors, then try and end up doing a grad scheme.

Yeah good plan. Yeah would love to get into this but it's soo competitive. My uni choice would Loughborough for accounting then grad scheme. So no matter what I'll hopefully end up being a accoutant😀
Yeah good plan. Yeah would love to get into this but it's soo competitive. My uni choice would Loughborough for accounting then grad scheme. So no matter what I'll hopefully end up being a accoutant😀

Nice, good luck. Either way, it might be like a 5% chance or something of getting in but if we didn't apply it'd be a definite 0%.
Reply 35
It should open in September, its a very competitive programme that requires online tests (numerical and verbal reasoning) to continue with the application. I'm currently revising for those tests and would be happy to help you prepare if you want.

Here's where you apply when it opens it also explains the course in more detail:
https://www.kpmgcareers.co.uk/school-leavers/school-leaver-programme

How are you revising for the online tests? I've heard they're really hard!
Reply 36
Original post by agp22
How are you revising for the online tests? I've heard they're really hard!

Just type in free Cubik numerical tests. Been using assessmentday still not sure whether to buy anything, apparently they are hard but the pass thresholds low so we got a chance 😄
Reply 37
Just type in free Cubik numerical tests. Been using assessmentday still not sure whether to buy anything, apparently they are hard but the pass thresholds low so we got a chance 😄

Oh phew that's great, thank you!☺️
Ugh, still not open...
How soon do you find out whether you've passed the numerical test? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest