The Student Room Group

What Options Do I Have With These A-Levels?

What career options do I have with the following A-levels Chemistry, Math
(Mechanics) and Physics.
Reply 1
A lot if you get A's/A*'s.
Engineering, medicine etc the list goes on. Good choice of subjects if you can pull it off.
Original post by ExamLeak
A lot if you get A's/A*'s.
Engineering, medicine etc the list goes on. Good choice of subjects if you can pull it off.

Can you do Medicine without Biology and just chemistry
Reply 3
Original post by MercrutioCaius
Can you do Medicine without Biology and just chemistry

Its not required as you are brought up to speed in the first year. I would however read the campbell biology books to give you that edge.
Its not required as you are brought up to speed in the first year. I would however read the campbell biology books to give you that edge.

Actually depends on med school some med schools don't require biology but most do.

However you could do engineering
Or any kind of science based degree

What are you most interested in ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
As long as you have chemistry and at least one other Science/Maths course behind you, and get solid A/A* marks, Medicine or Vet Med is not out of your reach at all. Just take a look at each university's requirements incase they do want a specific subject in conjunction with Chemistry.
Reply 6
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
Actually depends on med school some med schools don't require biology but most do.

However you could do engineering
Or any kind of science based degree

What are you most interested in ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you'll find most need Chemistry and one other science. Biology is generally not required.

If you haven't done any previous research don't comment on it as if you know.
I think you'll find most need Chemistry and one other science. Biology is generally not required.

If you haven't done any previous research don't comment on it as if you know.

Alright sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48

Good. It really pisses me off when people spread misinformation.
Advice here : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=20649-I-want-to-go-to-uni-but-I-dont-know-what-to-study

Tip - pick up a University prospectus and read the course description for every course. Think : does this interest/intrigue me, do I have the right A levels subjects/grades etc, would going to an Open Day and hearing more about any of these subjects help me choose?

You might be surprised how many courses/subjects don't need specific subjects - so you aren't limited to just 'maths/science' stuff. Law usually doesnt specify any subjects, and heaps of other courses in Social Science dont either. So look wider than your current A level subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest